Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you have lowering springs, I have a question...

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
no, the car really does ride harsh. the mammary support device is more than sufficient

The car was set by Ford at the factory to ride best with 5 passengers in it and a full load of cargo. with that much weight in it, it does ride better. it's a problem with the stock shock absorbers. not just the GF but other passengers - guys from my shop who are used to riding in cars with coilovers - and the ST is harsher than coilovers from the factory.

Definitely bouncy. My 20 lb dog gets bounced around on the back seat like a tennis ball on a subwoofer when we're just cruising down the freeway. Poor dog.

And sometimes the bumps are so bad it makes it impossible to select menu items on the MFT.

Here's a lesson. When test driving a car, take it on the roads you drive the most. Don't just take the dealer's preferred route. I knew the suspension was stiff but i didn't realize exactly how bouncy it was really going to be. I probably still would've bought the ST but I would've probably waited for more aftermarket strut options first.

Suppose you went with SES springs with ST dampers...? It's only 15mm
I'll take one for the team an throw these in one weekend....

Anyone, Bueller?

Just the springs, over ST dampers.. I'm sure the torsion beam, front sway bar, special dampers, are what affect the cars' dynamics the most.

Car needs alignment anyway, wasn't perfect from the factory. Another interesting note: My dampers are already "hissing" when riding over larger bumps, like crummy twin-tube shocks, perhaps some Bilstein HD Mono-tube units would be superb.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Ford-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4183907e70&vxp=mtr

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I went with the first set of Eibach Lowering springs.
I must say I loved the look.
The springs rode very well on the street do to the dual taper.
They also worked very well on the track.
But with the stock shocks the ride is still harsh.

I now have the BC coilovers and I must say the ride is much, much better.

Next week I plan to remove the BC coilovers and try out another set.
We will see how they will do.

Dave

MOFiST

I read over on the .net forum that someone had put Koni str.t struts designed for the regular Fiesta on an ST. He said the ride improved.
I'd be keen for a cheap way to improve the ride without making the car feel sloppy.

I just AutoCrossed my FiST with Eibach Lowering springs and the car held up great. Hugs the corners just like stock and never bottomed out or rubbed once. The ride is probably 10% harsher/bouncier. Honestly it is worth it considering the system is around ~$250 as I didn't have $1000 to drop on full coilover system.

Hi guys need some advice i can get Eibach 20mm drop right around or H&R 35mm drop which would be the better one 2 take

iso100

1000 Post Club
Hi guys need some advice i can get Eibach 20mm drop right around or H&R 35mm drop which would be the better one 2 take
That's entirely a matter of personal preference. Do you want it to have zero wheel gap or or just minimal?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I can't speak for the H&Rs, but the Eibachs are very good.
You can also get a very good price through the Tire Rack.

Dave

Ok D1JL so you would go with Eibach pro kit 20 mm drop im just scared i do the springs and then u cant really see a differents in the ride hieght

iso100

1000 Post Club
20mm is slightly less than an inch. It's not super low but I'm sure is noticeable in the wheel gap from the side.

Do you like the stance look with wheels tucked and protruding from the fenders or do you prefer a reasonable drop and a car that still functions on the road in turns etc?

Stance look is nice but still to low for me so i prefer the reasonable drop but that u can see its droped

Got some new shoes today, 17" Hypergrams w/ Nitto NeoGen 215's...new suspension going on hopefully in the next week! Got Koni Orange's all around in the garage, just waiting on springs!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk