Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Illuminated Scuff Plates

Not sure if you guys have them in the US??? In the UK, wen buying a Fiesta ST, you have the optional extra of what they call the "ST Style Pack". This includes the Rado grey alloys, red brake callipers and the illumianted ST scuff plates (open the door and the ST logo lights up).

Was wandering if anyone knows of or even wanted to create an overlay that would allow us that have them to change the colour? I have my ST in Spirit Blue (Performance Blue) and think the look would be so much better if the scuff plates lit up in blue also, instead of red.

I have absolutely no engineering/electrical sense whatsoever. All I do know is that the bulbs are not red, but the ST inlay is red, therefore lighting it up red - so it would have to be the ST Logo inlay to be changed...

Chuckable

We get the gray wheels and red calipers in the US, but the illuminated scuff plates are a dealer accessory. Cool idea you have.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I had the illuminated sill plates on my '11 SES Fiesta (different look).
I ordered them for my FiST and they were supposed to look just like the stock ST ones only light up.
There was a production hold placed on them.
However when they were released the design had been changed and they looked like crap.

Dave

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
Could you post a photo.
I will do when it gets dark tonight so you can see how much they light up etc. I cant speak on whether they are the same as what you would get over in the US but will post a photo later anyways :)

Only thing I could think to change the color due to the actual inlays being red would be to de solder the LEDs and replace them with blue LEDs. The only issue here is that because the inlay is red, the color would probably turn out purple. I've done my share of LED work before and swapped out all of the LEDs in a computer front panel. So it's really just getting the hang of soldering. The next thing is I don't know how the LEDs are placed so if they are in the inlay itself and not on its own board then you may just need something custom made.

I would have to see underneath them or in person.

Only thing I could think to change the color due to the actual inlays being red would be to de solder the LEDs and replace them with blue LEDs. The only issue here is that because the inlay is red, the color would probably turn out purple. I've done my share of LED work before and swapped out all of the LEDs in a computer front panel. So it's really just getting the hang of soldering. The next thing is I don't know how the LEDs are placed so if they are in the inlay itself and not on its own board then you may just need something custom made.

I would have to see underneath them or in person.
Might be possible to add to/move existing color changing LED's.

OP
L
Thread Starter #9
From my extremely limited knowledge and from what I can see looking at them, it would be to change the actual inlay as it is red itself. If you put blue LED's under it, as you said, you wouldnt get a true blue light - so changing the whole inlay is looking most likely and probably fairly costly. Wouldnt even know where to start for looking for a company/person that would do that - over here in the UK anyway. I'm fitting my Triple R front splitter and doing a full detail this coming Sunday so will have a closer inspection then.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is what the US version looks like.
Not anything like what was shown when I ordered them.
The color is controlled by the translucent red plastic.
I believe that they would be destroyed if taken apart.

I would still like to see the UK version.

Dave

OP
L
Thread Starter #11
This is what the US version looks like.
Wow. Well I can see why you're disappointed! They look nothing like the UK version. I havent had a spare moment to get some photos up the last couple of days but will upload a couple tonight so you can see the difference.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Did I happen to mention that they looked like crap.

Dave

OP
L
Thread Starter #13
Yes you did and I can see exactly what you mean! I finish work in 45 minutes, will upload the images when I get home for you to see.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That is what was pictured when I ordered.
And you saw what I got.

Can you check to see if the ones you have are available and sold separately?
Maybe I can order a set from UK Ford Parts?

Dave

OP
L
Thread Starter #16
I've trolled the internet a bit and all I can find are knock off's on eBay. Had a look on fordpartsuk.com as well but nothing ST wise. Might be worth a deeper look in to that site though.

I find it unlikely the Euro version will fit US cars, unfortunately. I imagine the size of the 2 door sill is quite different from our 4 door.

OP
L
Thread Starter #18
I find it unlikely the Euro version will fit US cars, unfortunately. I imagine the size of the 2 door sill is quite different from our 4 door.
Perhaps, not entirely sure. But the car itself is the same size just with a smaller front door and obviously another door behind it..I'm guessing they are the same size anyway.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Is it possible to get a clear photo of them in the car and a measurement of them end to end?

Dave

OP
L
Thread Starter #20
Is it possible to get a clear photo of them in the car and a measurement of them end to end?
Yeah no problem. Doing a full detail and splitter install Sunday so will upload a photo and measurments then.