Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Imnotcool

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #21
What made you come from that to this?
Short story

I got my fiesta for 5-6K all said and done. WTF how did i do that?? I won it from Fords Octane Academy. 5-6 is what i speculate taxes will cost me on it. Much over it might be up for sale which would be a shame as I like it.

Long long story.

wanna hear it? hear it goes...................I was wore out on drifting in south dakota (people here are lazy as shit) I am the guy who runs, promotes and all around trys to get anything drifting going on in this state. Its a rough gig doing it solo everyone else seems to drop the ball. This pissed me off. The 240 was a track car that's why it was built and to take it to tracks and drive with people better than me took money and lots of it. Its a minimum 2000 bucks to drive to the nearest larger event. That pissed me off. I have a wife a few kids and had to have a second job to fund my hobby. Well missing your kids lives is shitty. What to do? Quit second job as i dont need it to live just to buy car crap, not worth missing out on the things that mean the most. So all of that combined lead to .....

A rich 16yr old kid buying my 240 for cash money. I was stoked (then) I thought what has an aftermarket following, is RWD, is relatively sorted, isnt ugly, and has power. Well 2011+ mustang so i used my cash from my 240 to buy my 11 Mustang. I was happy with the stang for about 2 days as most stang driver are douchebags (I am a douche here and there just not whilst in the mustang or talking about the mustang) but it does have AC, a radio, doesn't smell of fuel, and has seats my kids can sit in.

Since Im into drifting I was like well who is dumb enough to drift a not so cheap new car. In my searches for how to make my mustang feel less like a beached whale and more like a stable sports (drift??) car i found a mustang drifted by some OCTANE ACADEMY RUNNER UP or something. So i watched the show, registered to win a fiesta ST and low and behold I received a call that i was the smuck who won!! badass. I knew little about it except it was a small focus like thing and Europeans love them.

So I miss my 240 dearly but if i wouldn't have sold it it would be just a beat shell as i was gonna part it to the bare minimum anyway. I still will reminisce about how it was my "love" for years

If wouldn't of sold it I wouldn't have gotten my mustang and i wouldn't have been lead to OCTANE ACADEMY looking for mustang drift parts and i wouldn't have been Blessed to have won such a rad little car and still have my mustang.

I haven't stopped drifting--that BMW in my sig. Well it will be caged soon and have some modifications to keep the drift need alive albeit at a lower cool level. I also have my mustang I might some day get real stupid with IDK.

The fiesta is a cool DD that has perks, real good perks. So yeah i am a lucky bastard. Drifting is my 1st passion in cars thus a reason I wont do alot to my fiesta as having a nice DD is a plus.