Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed intercooler, tightened clamps, still seeing only 23psi

Erick_V

Double check ALL of your clamps. Get a socket on them one more time and turn them then reload your map and see if it makes a difference. It's also possible you're leaking boost through your symposer. I deleted mine within the first year so I couldn't tell you how to test it. Whoosh sells the delete for very cheap:
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...sd-kit-silicone-symposer-delete-free-shipping

Can be had for $19 shipped to your door with the forum discount

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any advice on how to go about fixing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just quit now and go out and Buy an Gen2 and Aux. fuel...that's how you fix this......[drummer]..I see 28 plus on a daily basis......[driving]or you could buy a pressure tester and do it the right way.....[thankyou]

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Might be a stupid question here but, have you tightened the nut on the wastegate all the way and put preload on it? Mine had a fair bit of preload on the stock wastegate to get 26-28 psi.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #24
Might be a stupid question here but, have you tightened the nut on the wastegate all the way and put preload on it? Mine had a fair bit of preload on the stock wastegate to get 26-28 psi.

No I didn’t. Could you direct me to a thread that explains this? Thanks

felopr

I would rather see a log before buying parts at random trying to figuring out if it is a leak or no. Boost is not important in tuning this platform, is load

felopr

Dont do this. If it is stock wastegate you dont need to touch it.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Like others have said. Your car is tuned on a torque target, not a boost target. So if it only takes your car 23psi to hit the requested torque, thats all the car is going to make.

Things to note:
-Tightening the OEM wastegate is not a worthwhile mod
-Upgrading the wastegate will help keep some boost top end but the stock turbo just can't flow to make it a cost effective mod

OP
C
Thread Starter #32
Like others have said. Your car is tuned on a torque target, not a boost target. So if it only takes your car 23psi to hit the requested torque, thats all the car is going to make.

Things to note:
-Tightening the OEM wastegate is not a worthwhile mod
-Upgrading the wastegate will help keep some boost top end but the stock turbo just can't flow to make it a cost effective mod
Did you hack my whoosh cart? I was about to buy a new bov, symposer delete, and replace all of the induction piping lol

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you hack my whoosh cart? I was about to buy a new bov, symposer delete, and replace all of the induction piping lol

Lmfao. The symposer delete is all that i would go for. Maybe the hoses as well, you could have a tiny hole in one of the factory ones.