Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed my AP!

I purchased my AP through Modbargains and yesterday That wonderful little black box from Austin Texas arrived. I couldn't wait to get it home so I installed it on my lunch break. Based on the reviews on here I decided to start out with the 91 octane tune with 93 octane fuel and after a day of driving in what the police would call a "civilized" fashion, I decided to cut it loose a bit... [deviltail] Between the Injen intake and the Cobb AP iv'e noticed a definite improvement in the driving quality. The power delivery feels very smooth and composed and the car just sails through gear changes whereas before it kinda fell on its face between gears. Install was quick and painless and the driving experience thus far is absolutely better. Fingers crossed that after a week or so of "learning" the car remains this composed.
I decided to take her back down to cars and coffee again this morning and the sound of the turbo fiesta hissing through the parking lot really turned some heads and got a couple of pleasantly confused looks from the Porsche and Lamborghini guys[grinking]. I will say though that I'm going to be needing some wider wheels and tires a bit sooner than I had planned, because torque[cool]

I purchased my AP through Modbargains and yesterday That wonderful little black box from Austin Texas arrived. I couldn't wait to get it home so I installed it on my lunch break. Based on the reviews on here I decided to start out with the 91 octane tune with 93 octane fuel and after a day of driving in what the police would call a "civilized" fashion, I decided to cut it loose a bit... [deviltail] Between the Injen intake and the Cobb AP iv'e noticed a definite improvement in the driving quality. The power delivery feels very smooth and composed and the car just sails through gear changes whereas before it kinda fell on its face between gears. Install was quick and painless and the driving experience thus far is absolutely better. Fingers crossed that after a week or so of "learning" the car remains this composed.
I decided to take her back down to cars and coffee again this morning and the sound of the turbo fiesta hissing through the parking lot really turned some heads and got a couple of pleasantly confused looks from the Porsche and Lamborghini guys[grinking]. I will say though that I'm going to be needing some wider wheels and tires a bit sooner than I had planned, because torque[cool]
Very nice, glad to hear a current detailed review for the AP. I can't get enough of all the new turbo noises and how hard it pulls now after the intake. I could only imagine with the AP too. Everyone looks at the decent hp gains and always forget about the impressive torque gains, in a 2700 lb car, Lol. It's so much fun.

Enjoy your new mods!

OP
ileftthestoveon
Thread Starter #3
A few days have passed now since I installed my AP and I can really notice the "learning" ECU start to adapt to the intake and AP. When I first began to use the 91octane map I noticed a smoother power delivery but after a few days the punchiness is really coming through. A few members here have mentioned a sixth gear pull that I didn't feel on friday but today I was passing a truck on the freeway and got quite a nice surprise when I hit the throttle! A little later I found my self on an empty road doing about 35ish? Dropped into second and became very well acquainted with my seat [driving] even got a bit of wheel spin in 3rd! I have to admit I was a bit leery on dropping that amount of money on the AP because I had never used a tuner before and had always stuck to the physical bolt ons but now I don't know that I would add any mods to a car without first getting a tuner. If it weren't for yall on here reviewing and raving about the AP I probably would have shied away from it. Thank you to everyone on this forum for the push and to ModBargains for the deals and working with me on the mismatched shipping/billing thing. Now time for suspension and wider rubber [party]

Are you using 91 octane on 93 map? Or 93 on 93?
Pretty sure he said he is using 93 on the 91 octane map.

OP, congrats on the AP. I feel ya on being unsure about spending the money. Once I got mine, I was hooked.

OP
ileftthestoveon
Thread Starter #7
Pretty sure he said he is using 93 on the 91 octane map.
Yep, seemed like a good place to start based on the reviews from here. Plus I can only find 86 89 and 93 octane around here.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I might switch to 91 map with 93 octane this next fill up, and see if I notice any differences.