Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Instrument cluster blackout, no hill assist.

Elijah

I've been trying to diagnose this issue with my car for a month-plus at this point and I'm about to make a 16 hour drive tomorrow and just had it happen again.

While driving, the music will pause, the instrument cluster will totally black out and the dials will drop to zero, and the screen will tell me hill assist is unavailable. It'll also turn off some of the dash lights for a split second but it's so fast I can't really see which ones it illuminates. It usually only last for a couple seconds and then goes back to normal. One time, it gave a low battery warning and the power steering went out too, but that hasn't happened since I replaced the battery a few weeks ago.

I've tested the alternator and new battery with a multimeter and both seem to be working properly. Around 12.5 volts turned off, and about 14.5 volts with the alternator.

I've checked various fuses but nothing is blown. There's no codes. And I can't get the issue to replicate, it's totally random.

There's no indication that it's related to a low voltage like it was the one time. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

caleb

Hey, I've been dealing with a similar problem with my car. It's super annoying and scary, right? I tried everything you did, but nothing worked. Then I found this website called www.instrumentclusterstore.com that sells refurbished instrument clusters. They have a lot of models and they're pretty cheap. I ordered one for my car and replaced it myself. It was easy and it fixed the issue completely. Maybe you should check them out and see if they have one for your car too. Good luck with your drive!