Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is this a sign of good things to come?

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-001&Category_Code=NEW

Info from the listing;

2014+ Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbo - 3" Stainless downpipe, 304 grade mandrel bent stainless piping and stainless flex with carbon steel flanges. Has 2 stock location 02 bungs. 3" throughout and a brief reduction to 2.5" at the end. Proven to be effective on a stock turbo then used on our bolt-on GT/GTX turbos for use beyond 400HP as is. Just like our Front Mounted intercooler kit, this downpipe is built to be used for stock turbo or upgraded turbo at HP levels all the way to the 400HP so you only have to invest in the downpipe once in the life of the car.

Hmmm... looks good. Its too bad I live in a state that requires emissions tests.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
So happy, 2nd downpipe I have seen for our application under $300. HELL YES.

screw you Volvo and your $1200 downpipes.

$1200 for a DP??? Who is in charge of their pricing??? Jeez...

Yea I like the sound of the 2JR piece with their exhaust. Wonder what a combo of it and the FSWerks exhaust would sound like!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
We got VERY lucky with parts that are at a reasonable price. Doing anything properly european will cost you a damn fortune. A 300hp 1999 Volvo V70R will run you nearly 6k in upgrades

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
We got VERY lucky with parts that are at a reasonable price. Doing anything properly european will cost you a damn fortune. A 300hp 1999 Volvo V70R will run you nearly 6k in upgrades
I think a lot of it depends on the price point of the car itself.
If you charge $500 for an intake for a car that costs $20k, your probably not going to sell very many haha

XuperXero

Depends on designs as well. I've seen some retarded and illogical designs which will easily increase the cost involved. Not to mention catted downpipes with higher cells are also more expensive.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I emailed ATP 2 months ago when I bought my FiST. They are planning a turbo kit for summer release. So yes good things are to come :)

Wow what a linear power curve!!! Makes you thinks it's an NA motor and I love the "mountain" of torque. A bit apprehensive about the loss of low end torque though. It's one of the signature features of our cars and scares passengers every time.

Wow what a linear power curve!!! Makes you thinks it's an NA motor and I love the "mountain" of torque. A bit apprehensive about the loss of low end torque though. It's one of the signature features of our cars and scares passengers every time.
I'm not understanding your lil chart there? Sorry I'm stupid,could you explain more,were you saying you wish our torque didn't fall off as much?

Edit: nm,was,reading it wrong,yea I see the low end loss. Kinda looks like a totally different car after this bolt in turbo upgrade now,wow. Idk,I think I would miss that low end torque. But 250hp is nice though. Shit,some on here with AP,dp/exhaust,intake are barley hitting 200hp after dyno test. So this additional 50hp is great. Would be very curious to see how it drives with the power coming more in the high end now...

-ry

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I'm ok with a loss in low end. When your out pushing the car on the back roads or at a track, how often are you in the low RPMs? Basically never. Moving the power band up a little will help with wheel spin a bit too (I'm sure there will be loads of it still, but it'd be worse if the boost came on like it was a stock turbo)

Also, is it just me or does it look like they are running the S1 tune with this turbo? 250tq cap, and the tq/hp curve acts a lot like the stock curve....