Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OP
V
Thread Starter #61
Yeah I guess you could argue the intercooler connections do not need upgrades but the turbo does. I had asked them if the intercooler piping was all good. If they replace just the <2" pieces it will be a lot cheaper than getting everything replaced via Mountune

OP
V
Thread Starter #65
I gotta believe it would help with throttle response but it's awesome seeing someone make a product and saying most people don't need it.

This is all good stuff, I'm an ATP dealer and have been using their turbos on Subaru's for years and best of all they're fairly local to me. It's where we get all our mandrel bends from when we need them. The market adapts so fast now, for such a new car there will be multiple options now for upgrades in a short amount of time.

They're saying if you don't plan on upgrading to a bigger turbo then don't spend the money on the charge pipe. The turbo outlet is where it's smallest, hence it's the restriction, not the piping. If you're going bigger turbo at some point then for sure make everything at least the same size as the turbo outlet which will be 2"

Easy drop-in Higher Flowing hot side charge air pipe for 2014 Focus ST 1.6L Turbo

Constructed in the U.S.A. from 100% 304 grade stainless steel with all mandrel bent elbows and TIG welding.

Deletes all “small” diameter sections between turbocharger outlet and the stock rubber intercooler inlet hose. Note: Please refer to the Fiesta ST Charge air system diagram in the tech page.

The stock turbo compressor outlet diameter is 1.5”. Most aftermarket turbo upgrades have a 2” compressor outlet diameter. Our pipe is perfect for big turbo upgrades down the road but can be used on your stock turbo with the supplied 1.5” to 2” silicone transition elbow.

This functional pipe has an additional 1” side port for a mechanical BOV (Tial, HKS, Greddy, etc.). That same port can be used to relocate the stock diverter valve onto this pipe when stock turbo is removed since the stock electric diverter valve is integrated into the stock turbo compressor housing.

Please note: If you don’t have plans to upgrade to a larger turbo down the road, we don’t recommend spending money on this part as it’s not necessary and there isn’t measureable gains to justify the cost. The choking point is really the turbo outlet itself at 1.5” OD and a bit over 1.25” inner diameter. You will be better served to put the money towards an intercooler upgrade as that greatly enhances the operation of the stock turbo.

If you use this part on the stock turbo now and plan to upgrade to a larger turbo later that sits in the stock location, all you need is a 2” to 2” 45 degree off the shelf silicone coupler and you’re ready to handle big turbo power up to 400WHP.

Looks like they've run a 12.9 @ 106mph with a GTX turbo and slicks [cool]

[video=youtube;cIkFbe0j18Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIkFbe0j18Q[/video]

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
This is all good stuff, I'm an ATP dealer and have been using their turbos on Subaru's for years and best of all they're fairly local to me. It's where we get all our mandrel bends from when we need them. The market adapts so fast now, for such a new car there will be multiple options now for upgrades in a short amount of time.
Once this turbo upgrade comes out, you guys should become a vendor on here and start selling them!

Once this turbo upgrade comes out, you guys should become a vendor on here and start selling them!
Somehow I missed this ^

Look to the left under my name [wink] it's been that way for a couple weeks now, I just haven't been good at visiting everyday. I'll definitely get in touch with them, they're only 45 min from me.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Somehow I missed this ^

Look to the left under my name [wink] it's been that way for a couple weeks now, I just haven't been good at visiting everyday. I'll definitely get in touch with them, they're only 45 min from me.
Oh my this is one of those awkward moments when even I missed this .. DUH !!! Sorry Adam [:I]

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Somehow I missed this ^

Oh crap, didn't even notice! I usually post from Tapatalk on my phone so I can't see a lot of things :(