Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is Mountune on life support?

I’m way late to the party but I’ll give my two cents, I’ve been in the mustang and Ducati community for years. The mustang community “aftermarket” isn’t going anywhere it’s been under scrutiny by the epa but that’s a different discussion. As far as the Ducati community “V4 owner” shit besides tuning if had an easier job finding parts than getting mountune support. Mountune USA just sucked, i had Randy tune me when i was on the stock turbo for about two weeks and his tune just sucked, it wasn’t bad or un reliable but the way he tuned it was just weird. Now let’s get to the real reason why mountune is in trouble this goes specifically towards USA
1) terrible customer service god awful i ordered the catback exhaust for my dads ST, it magically wasn’t in stock so they told me i can wait it out. This was December 2019… by March they kept saying the same crap over and over, so finally i asked for a refund, no problem right, after they told me i would get in 10 days i PayPal struck them. I got my refund and they didn’t even fight it
2) by not moving into other models and markets, this is a big one because the focus and fiesta are dead. So the logical thing to do is too focus on the explorer and edge st, the edge is a joke but be explorer had huge potential instead they tried to get into the ranger market which frpp already had parts for
3) loss of support from ford, without CARB and ford warranty support there tuning isn’t special anymore. Regardless of the situation this is a huge selling point

mountune is slow sinking ship when it’s all said and done, they let this happen

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's strange. Randy tuned mine and it's a beast. It took 7 tries, but the fuel around here isn't the best. Any hotter, and I get too many negative corrections. This was after he left mountune, though. Better and safer than the mountune stage 2 (which he did, too).

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Mountune said in 2022 they’re coming out with more Fiesta ST parts so🤷🏻‍♂️
I hope they do. Their parts are the only ones I’ve ever had be a 100% factory fit up. I’ll believe it when I see it though. The amount of emails they’re spamming for sales leads me to believe they’re in revenue and/or inventory trouble for year end.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I hope they do. Their parts are the only ones I’ve ever had be a 100% factory fit up. I’ll believe it when I see it though. The amount of emails they’re spamming for sales leads me to believe they’re in revenue and/or inventory trouble for year end.
It seems like I am only getting the emails out of England lately, and have not received one from Mountune USA for a while now.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It seems like I am only getting the emails out of England lately, and have not received one from Mountune USA for a while now.
I’ve got 11 from them in the last month lol. “Black Friday sale!”
“Black Friday sale extended!”
“Cyber Monday sale!”
“Holiday sale!”
and a bunch more

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve got 11 from them in the last month lol. “Black Friday sale!”
“Black Friday sale extended!”
“Cyber Monday sale!”
“Holiday sale!”
and a bunch more
Same here. Looks like they've got somebody trying to market their stuff.
Other than a shift knob that started spinning, I've been really happy with the mountune items I've ordered. Quality stuff. Perfect fit, nicely made.

Still looking for the discontinued underbody brace. If one turns up here, I'm-a pounce!

Mountune is doing product development for the Bronco. They pretty much have most of the Ford lineup covered (Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Ranger, Raptor, F-150). I'm sure they have plans on doing product development for the Maverick. It makes sense for them to expand to the trucks because the Fiesta/Focus customers is shrinking every year.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mountune is doing product development for the Bronco. They pretty much have most of the Ford lineup covered (Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Ranger, Raptor, F-150). I'm sure they have plans on doing product development for the Maverick. It makes sense for them to expand to the trucks because the Fiesta/Focus customers is shrinking every year.
The trucks use engines they've already got tunes for. Wouldn't take much to hop them up a bit.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Mountune might have good parts, but their customer service sucks. I sent at least 5 e-mails with questions about their MRX turbo kit. Zero replies. Got the information I needed from Ron at Whoosh.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Mountune might have good parts, but their customer service sucks. I sent at least 5 e-mails with questions about their MRX turbo kit. Zero replies. Got the information I needed from Ron at Whoosh.
I’ve heard this a lot but they’ve never taken more than 48 hours to reply to me. Seems highly inconsistent

it doesn’t really matter what they get into now. When it’s comes to all the trucks and SUVs they have a lot more competition than Ron or some small shops. Big time companies that have any deeper pockets are in the f150, ranger and explorer St market. The only they can be competitive is if they start making parts nobody else can or wants do. Like intake manifolds, throttle bodies, full carb legal parts

what I’m trying to say is they’re not going to be shit in this bigger market

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Without Fords support they are a has been.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Mountune said in 2022 they’re coming out with more Fiesta ST parts so🤷🏻‍♂️
............................... focus and fiesta are dead. ................................
Still produced in EU as far as I'm aware.

Hopefully fuel prices will force them to rethink the "let everybody else do the smaller vehicles" strategy and reinstate the FiST here.

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38

Hopefully fuel prices will force them to rethink the "let everybody else do the smaller vehicles" strategy and reinstate the FiST here.
I'm not sure that MPG would convince American to give up their land yachts. Gas mileage has increased to levels never thought of 30 years ago. Gas mileage on our Coyote Mustang 10 spd is 26mpg highway in the Sport + mode @ 75mph and above. In the Economy mode 28? 2019 Escape....31mpg driven hard. People have changed driving habits, my daughter is only required to show up at the office once a month so her FiST hardly even gets driven. Both our Coyote and daughters FiST will reach 36 months long before 36K miles. Even if 93 Octane goes to $10 a gallon we will still drive the same. Will do our usual 4-5K mile wandering vacation as normal this year, and Fifi will reward us with an average 36 mpg as usual. Like many I wish we could get the new FiST but it will never happen, no $$ for Ford to try to sell them here. Ford stock has looked really good after dumping the low profit vehicles.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

I wish this for sure but all the automobile companies are full in on EV or hybrid . Ford is fully committed as is GM the EV wave is rising not cresting.
Hold on to the ICE powered cars you own as we are looking lasts of breed at this point in time. At least it does appear that the one shining beacon is Mazda. Even Exotic Sports cars and SuperCar makers are leaning towards hybrid if not EV.