Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is torque management interferring?

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have had high hp fwd cars most of my life and the Fist is the first one to do this: When I shift from 1st to 2nd while spinning tires and WOT, tires will chirp going in but then not spin again for a second or two until big boost comes back in. Is torque management or the dual mass flywheel doing this? I'm used to spinning with lots of white smoke both in 1st and continuing in 2nd and on into 3rd in some of my past cars. I have stability turned off. Stock turbo, upgraded fmic and all piping. E30 tune by Jason.

If you have turned off all traction control and stability control, the only thing left on will be torque vectoring. To my knowledge, though, that only engages on turns, not through straight line acceleration like I think you are describing.

Seems odd. When I put it in sport or hold the button to deactivate stability also I can spin and chirp the tires at WOT into 3rd gear. Sticking brake caliper possibly hindering your car?

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #5
Seems odd. When I put it in sport or hold the button to deactivate stability also I can spin and chirp the tires at WOT into 3rd gear. Sticking brake caliper possibly hindering your car?
Nothing is hanging up. I think what's happening is that the tires spin, get sticky and then don't lose traction until enough torque overcomes that.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #6
If you jump on it mid-turn (you'll scare the shit outta ya), but Torque Vectoring will intercede. Sadly blows up some great on ramp action.....
I know. I dove into an on ramp sharp left WOT and found myself going straight with the wheels turned left until TV straightened it out.