Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Your opinion on Cobb estimated hp and torque

Stkid93

Premium Account
Hey fellas,

Let’s hear your opinions (and if you have them you can post your results on the estimated hp and torque vs your actual results)

I’m not exactly sure how to feel about these numbers. They can vary widely between cars, i have a theory that not everyone’s access port is updated and the Dyno function has gotten better with updates and new firmware. And also, the function appears to work better with the fists, because they used a different algorithm on the fosts estimated Dyno numbers.

Anyways on my car with my accessport (which I recently updated with the most recent firmware) the estimated numbers have always been pretty spot on, the readings are 8% lower than my actual Dyno results. And when I switch between my e30 and 93 tune there are obvious changes in the estimated resiltd so it is accounting for changes in power as well. (I am still on stock turbo, I’ve heard the more power you get the less accurate it becomes)

I have never put my car on a dyno but have always wondered how accurate the accessport is. I am running Dizzy stage 2 ,Mishimoto intake and intercooler, CPE catback , colder plugs .Unfortunately I'm also running dog piss 91 through it here is California. The results seem to vary a bit but I'm about 185 - 195 hp and 220 - 230 trq . I know there are a few North Bay guys in this forum if anyone knows of good place for some dyno pulls I would be interested . I also plan on getting an E30 tune from Dizzy and giving that a try.

I've seen lots of dyno shops here in socal have car meets that revolve around cars getting thrown on a dyno. no tuning involved, it's usually just 2-3 pulls for $50-100.
At Gridlife events, I've heard you can put your car on the dyno for $100 and get 3 pulls