Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ITG air filter review! From Whoosh!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Not to poop on everyone's parade but last time I dyno'd my car I did one run with the RAMAIR filter and another immediate run with no filter. Gained 0.5 HP and no TQ. So the frenzy for the best filter may be overstated....

Not to poop on everyone's parade but last time I dyno'd my car I did one run with the RAMAIR filter and another immediate run with no filter. Gained 0.5 HP and no TQ. So the frenzy for the best filter may be overstated....
If I’m understanding correctly, wouldn’t having no filter make more sense as to the minute power increase? No restrictions = more air (+contaminates). I think when people are looking for the “best” filter they’re looking for the best ratio of least air restriction to efficiency of filtering particles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

I know the air filter has a negligible affect apart from Whooshy noises, but I’d be interested in both the delta between the stock paper filter and the RamAir and then the no filter.

If I’m understanding correctly, wouldn’t having no filter make more sense as to the minute power increase? No restrictions = more air (+contaminates). I think when people are looking for the “best” filter they’re looking for the best ratio of least air restriction to efficiency of filtering particles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
.5whp is just sample variance. What it means is the filter has no restriction

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just using vdyno I saw zero difference in HP or TQ, even outside of the peak. Turbo didn't spool any sooner and TQ didn't last any longer.

Turbo may simply be too small to make the airbox a restriction.

I dropped my stock filter back in and put the green filter in a ziplock bag for if/when I upgrade to an S280.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
Message sent...awaiting reply!
Got a Response back....no answer if it needs to be oiled though....I replied back with Does that style RamAir filter need to be oiled after cleaning? Awaiting response ....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
Quick reply....must have good Support @ RamAir filters.. The answer is NOPE...but if you want its ok.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I know the air filter has a negligible affect apart from Whooshy noises, but I’d be interested in both the delta between the stock paper filter and the RamAir and then the no filter.
Even though, not specifically info on the RAMAIR filter. But here is a good video that shows the difference and worthiness of various air filters.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS69owXpGdY

I should point out...

I have seen these ramair filters in use on a number of cars now and they definitely flow well when the intake is a restriction. Tested back to back on 5 or 6 cars spanning 650-1100whp they all made decent gains over k&n style oiled filters. These also allow for tighter installs in tricky spots.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I use club soda and oxiclean powder mix to clean green and K&N . The dirt and oil float to the surface.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

They ended up sending me the Proram for free. I'm excited to try it out and let you guys know how it is!

PhoenixM3

It seems to me that if more noise is created by installing the foam filter, it should be flowing better/more air. Like exhaust systems, some make more noise and do produce better flow, however some just make crappy noise without any apparent gain. How’s that for contradicting my own logic?

My guess is that the foam filters may produce a smidge more flow at the expense of less particulate filtration. I also question the foam filter’s durability over K&N-type oiled filters.