Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jae's ST Build

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So your saying that the Mountune intercooler is the same size as the Cobb intercooler and the generic “Cobb size” intercooler? I also read that they are lighter in weight. Also, are you having cooling issues with your tune with a stock intercooler? What are you going to upgrade with?
I overheated yesterday at the peak of lil Tujunga but I had my air on when I started and was not paying attention to the fact that it was on. After I turned it off temps came back down but it totally made me aware that the stock intercooler and rad were not going to do well in high heat hi revs during the dog days of summer in SoCal. Lol
I am throwing in my Mountune rad and intercooler unless someone steps up to the plate and buys the intercooler off me in the next week here. If that happens I would most likely get a CPE or Whoosh V3.
Though Mountune has told me I will be fine with this one even with a larger turbo. Oh and it weighs 17lbs.

Mikey456

Sounds like your having fun with your car. I want to add more go power before the intercooler. Maybe I can just pretend with my Revo Filter... lol

Dib

I always suggest getting the Cobb Acessport first and foremost. RMM after that. then decide what you want from the car and go from there. More power, better handling, some people like ICE or better looks. each route has different "firsts"

OP
J
Thread Starter #25
Well today was the install day. After lifting the car and getting under it guess what I find.... A Mountune motor mount. Looks like the previous owner already decided to change a couple of things and now I have to go around the whole car and find what else he changed. I will keep you all updated

OP
J
Thread Starter #26
OK so here is what i found. The previous owner installed a Mountune RMM and there 2 orange shocks on the rear that seem to be KONI. now since the RMM is already on the car what should my next part be? I would like to get more sound out of the car so maybe a CAI or an exhaust system. which do yall recommend.

Also are KONI shocks any good

On the cheap, and if you can take some drone, go for a muffler and resonator delete and an exhaust tip of your liking. Cost me a grand total of $135. Like most CBEs, intakes seem to have been proven to show negligible gains on the stock turbo, but you could drill a couple 2" holes in the oem airbox and run any aftermarket filter to let out some sound. 1 on the very bottom & 1 on the side behind the headlight. Sorta stealthy for when you go to the dealership if that's a concern. It had been a while since I owned a manual when I took delivery and the super quiet ride made smooth shifting a biotch;)

Last edited:
OP
J
Thread Starter #28
So does anyone wanna give me a hand here??? Id like to hear what yall think i should buy next. For you guys with awesome builds where did you begin?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok you got me there....I forgot ....A Gen2 GTX2860R....Thermal....Bravoalpha intercooler....Stratified 4 port Aux fuel....ETC. ETC.

So does anyone wanna give me a hand here??? Id like to hear what yall think i should buy next. For you guys with awesome builds where did you begin?
You said you’re going to build the crap out of your car. Tell us what that means and we can be more specific. I built the crap out of my car but there are all kinds of crap 💩

OP
J
Thread Starter #34
True I would like to get more power and sound(not loud and obnoxious But a nice grumble). What i am asking is if i wanted to hit 300+ HP where do I start. Again please keep in mind that I am a dad so I would like to do this one part at a time maybe 2(Depending on price). So what do I buy and when?. I'm just trying to figure out how to break down this build based on progress I guess. Sorry for all the back an forth but this will technically be my 1st build.

Thanks for all of the support in advance.

Everything on my build thread “MRX short block aux fuel” was purchased specifically to support the MRX turbo. I made 296 hp on a Mustang dyno on a hot and humid day.
Fall Is Coming 🥶🚀

OP
J
Thread Starter #36
Soooo. I have purchased the following parts
Cobb Access port
Cobb Exhaust
Cobb CAI
A set of fifteen 52 asphalt black Tarmacs
A set of 215/40/17 Federal 595-pro

I'm hoping to get some coilovers before the winter is over but im not sure i will be able to. i will be installing it all as soon as it gets warm. wanted to updated everyone on my progress

Update 01/28/20

I picked up some silvers neomax coilovers. i will be posting a pictures and everything once i begin installing. im so pumped for the spring.

Also i can use some help on a big decision. What color scheme should i go with i was thinking black and yellow but i'm open to suggestions. The majority will be black but want to accent the car with another color.

Last edited:
OP
J
Thread Starter #38
So a few weeks ago I ordered a Cobb DP and a Damond Motorsports CC with yellow hoses. Thanks to Matt at Damond for making it happen along with an awesome little note. I installed the CC and it looks amazing. I will take pictures of how it looks installed as I forgot to get some pics

Attachments