Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's new not-so-much-a-beater project, pt. 6

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Very nicely done. You know you have to freshen up the brakes now right? I think there are some budget ITR or Prelude brake upgrades you can go with. I think even G2 caliper paint and fresh pads/rotors would be killer for aesthetics and performance. I can't get over how clean it looks.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Thanks for the good words everyone.

[twothumb]

So, are you going to hold onto this one?
For a while! Gonna enjoy it a few months and then decide!

Very nicely done. You know you have to freshen up the brakes now right? I think there are some budget ITR or Prelude brake upgrades you can go with. I think even G2 caliper paint and fresh pads/rotors would be killer for aesthetics and performance. I can't get over how clean it looks.
Thanks...good idea on the brakes. If nothing else I'll paint the calipers to match.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
Fiesta is still 100% amazing and 0% boring but the CR-X is getting lots of love. In the last few weeks I've done caliper paint, new rotors/pads, new hubs, new custom wheel caps, short shifter (holy crap guys this thing is short), shift/tranny bushings, and a bunch of other little things. Old Hondas are so fun.

For 15 years or so I bought, modded, enjoyed and then sold 4 or 5 cars, owning each for 2-4 years. The thrill was in finding, owning, improving, and passing on the cars. Now I've found a much more enjoyable car experience - owning a few different cars and driving each once or twice a week. All 4 cars I own (except wife's car) cost me a total of about $33,000. That's about the price of one new car. Insurance is peanuts because I'm in my 40s and multi-car discount. It's been a really enjoyable way to be a car guy in the last couple of years - owning several very different cars and instead of continually swapping out my one daily for something new - I highly recommend it.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I don't know...I think there would be SOME thrill if you were to pass that CRX onto me.

It looks absolutely gorgeous, well done! I might consider putting some more aggressive tires on it as a cheap performance mod.