Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's new not-so-much-a-beater project, pt. 6

Brianmc27

You guys give me your opinions on wheel color...gonna do something soon.

I appreciate the compliments. Car is really great. I took it to the Honda dealer to get alignment after tire install last week, a guy there offered me $15k for it.
AC309C04-47EF-4F78-B569-CA5FD56CFD54.jpeg
this is what took my Fiesta’s spot in the garage.

Brianmc27

^^^What wheels, or are those some kind of lug cover for the factory wheels?
If you’re talking about the rabbit, they’re the Mk2 version of the Mk1 Snowflakes - all silver rather than silver and black. I recently just sourced the lug covers that can be kind of hard to find.

*that’s right. Forgot you’d had one or two of these

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
You have a good point, the cars from the late 80s and early 90s often had gold wheels....but the most "period correct" would be silver which I don't like for this car.
Yeah period correct for early 90s is probably polished/silver. But late 90s gold was coming up. Definitely not white, that's all I know. White is so early 00s Honda.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
I will bow out. Your car is much cooler than my GTI. Point is your CRX should be in the garage until you get a 3-car!
No no no I love it man, any old car is cool. Well not any but many. Yours definitely is. I owned a car that old not long ago...it was epic. Everyone looked.

Brianmc27

No no no I love it man, any old car is cool. Well not any but many. Yours definitely is. I owned a car that old not long ago...it was epic. Everyone looked.
A 130hp RHD CRX Si is pinnacle cool to me. I took a photo of this sad thing a few months back while scavenging for the GTI. I owned and 88 prelude Si a while back. Awesome car you’ve found your way to.

FD42DFA9-5830-474E-8504-46AA58961387.jpeg

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
I went with graphite grey. 1/2 way done, will be done later this week, it takes time to do it right. I bought 6 colors and did samples and really wanted to keep it period correct with gold or bronze, but it just didn't look right. I will probably get flamed by the Honda scene but it's my car and I'm doing what I want to it. I think grey goes well with the black trim mud flaps, etc. I'm always for low key.

Will look very close to this when done...this isn't my car but it's nearly identical except mine has tinted windows:

with grey wheels.jpg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it's close to that, it'll look great.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
OK guys it's done. Still need to add center caps and replace the lugs with black ones. But 98% of the work is done and it only took me 14 hours and 9 coats of product. I busted my butt to make this happen but it came out really really good and I'm super happy with the look. Thanks for your interest in this journey. Fiesta is still in the garage.