Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's new semi-beater project, pt. 7

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It looks impossibly great for that coin! [twothumb]

At least 100x better condition (at least from those exterior shots) than I was ever expecting to see! [cool]

I'm not up on my Toy knowledge; that (or any other Corolla after a {whatever?} given model year) was never offered in a 2 door, correct?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
It looks impossibly great for that coin! [twothumb]

At least 100x better condition (at least from those exterior shots) than I was ever expecting to see! [cool]

I'm not up on my Toy knowledge; that (or any other Corolla after a {whatever?} given model year) was never offered in a 2 door, correct?
Thanks man. There were 2 door Corollas back in the 80s and maybe 70s but not past then afaik.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Cool ride man. And cool rides are hard to find in this market especially with Carvana reselling and marking up everything. Where did they build these?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Cool ride man. And cool rides are hard to find in this market especially with Carvana reselling and marking up everything. Where did they build these?
Thanks. Yeah I got lucky the dude had 40 people calling him but I kept myself on top of the pile of applicants as it were through persistence and willingness to drop everything and drive so far. I assumed these were built in Japan but these days you never know. I'll have to look at the sticker later and see. Got a ton going on but hopefully this week I'll get some time with the car and start fiddling with it.

What an awesome find. For the heck of it, I did a national search on autotrader, and there are literally two for sale in the entire United States at much higher mileage.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
What an awesome find. For the heck of it, I did a national search on autotrader, and there are literally two for sale in the entire United States at much higher mileage.
Ah thanks! Yeah like I mentioned above finding this car in this condition for this price ('05, 101k, one owner '05-'21, $6500, near mint condition) was a miracle especially in today's car market. Not sure how much it's "really" worth...I think the price I paid was fair and maybe low, but the question is demand...how many people really want a Corolla XRS and will pay real money for it. I really did and was willing, but I wonder if I turned around and put it FS right now for the same price how many calls I'd get. If it were an Civic Si with comparable miles/condition it would easily go for $8000 or more, but this car is off the radar.

Gonna devote a few hours to cleaning it up tomorrow, and I already ordered a few mods that are on the way.

Se7eN

Got the car today. 5 hour drive one way but it was worth it, this car is a 2005 and is nearly mint, 101k miles, garaged, way nicer than I expected. Driving this thing is quite the experience. Looks like a rental car, drives like a pocket rocket. The motor sounds like a motorcycle and wow when that high rpm cam profile engages, it's like VTEC on steroids. Gonna do a few mods and see what happens.

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/xrs/1656203130466.html]

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/xrs/1656202818448.html]
[/URL]
https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/xrs/1656202811515.html]
[/URL][/URL]
I've never seen one so clean, here on the Island (PR) they used to be very popular for the "street" racing scene of 14 sec cars. Now a days what's left is just remnants and cars that have lived a better life and are now stripped and cut up to make as light as possible by new owners that do not care about them as much.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
I've never seen one so clean, here on the Island (PR) they used to be very popular for the "street" racing scene of 14 sec cars. Now a days what's left is just remnants and cars that have lived a better life and are now stripped and cut up to make as light as possible by new owners that do not care about them as much.
Yeah it's in great shape and runs great too. After I do a few things to it it should be a notch better. Really a great little car.

Same engine/drivetrain as the same era Celica GTS, correct?
Yes and the Lotus Elise of that era as well.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
You may already know about this outfit but if not,

I been picking up parts for my CRZ from impex.jp they source parts from Japan and so far have completed 4 orders that honda parts now and other US based companies have cancelled on me due to unavailability and even with the overseas shipping all have come in at almost half under cost of buying through US suppliers except for a VERY large part (entire rear beam axle) shipping was high on that one.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
You may already know about this outfit but if not,

I been picking up parts for my CRZ from impex.jp they source parts from Japan and so far have completed 4 orders that honda parts now and other US based companies have cancelled on me due to unavailability and even with the overseas shipping all have come in at almost half under cost of buying through US suppliers except for a VERY large part (entire rear beam axle) shipping was high on that one.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind for sure. I looked at some CRZs to possibly purchase but ended up not. What a beautiful car. You probably know this but they make a current hack to increase electric motor output and make the car faster.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Update on semi-beater 7....did some shift mods, major detail, she shined up nice! Also fixed a bunch of stuff and did a bunch of appearance mods. And a catback, sounds really good. Quite a nice little ride here. I have a reflash on the way which lowers lift cam engagement and raises redline to 8500 along with some other improvements and launch control. Then I'm done, just gonna keep this one mostly stock and enjoy.

Interesting paint here, in the sun it's orangy, in the shade it's maroon.

If anyone's bored there are a few vids on this car on my YT channel gray25xt.

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/xrs/1656811063518.html]

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/xrs/1656811068850.html]
[/URL]
https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/xrs/1656811073850.html]
[/URL]
https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/xrs/1659559747079.html]
[/URL][/URL]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
I thought headers were common/affordable for these as well?
Yes very common but i've gotta stop somewhere. If I do headers then I also need to do intake and pricey exhaust to get the most out of it. At that point I'll have more in the car than I could realistically sell it for. So rather than go that route I just did a few cheap simple mods which for this car is a panel filter and reflash, under $300 for both, I get some great features for cheap. Kind of comparable to getting an Accessport for our Fiestas and doing a stage 1 tune.

Unlike our FiSTs, these N/A cars take a ton of money before you starting getting real power gains.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah that's fair. Is that a factory strut tower bar? That has to be one of the more convoluted setups I've seen.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Yeah that's fair. Is that a factory strut tower bar? That has to be one of the more convoluted setups I've seen.
Yeah it has factory front strut bar and rear strut X brace.