Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just bought Fiesta ST - looking for autocross prep tips

naigvirr

Just bought a 2014 ST with 50K miles. Clean car and seems mechanically sound. Ran it in an autocross event yesterday - was great fun and nothing to complain about but am interested to know if any forum members have tips for improvements that you have made.

I've read that engine mounts are a good place to start but any input you guys have is very welcome.

Thanks!

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I’m on my 2nd fist and autocross a good amount. I have found that the car is the most fun in stock class. 16inch wheels a great upgrade. Also if on original struts they likely are not working the best at 50k.

OP
N

naigvirr

Thread Starter #5
Perfect. Thanks for your suggestions. I'm new to autocross. Does stock class mean OE struts only or is aftermarket an option?

OP
N

naigvirr

Thread Starter #7
Thanks. One more question, what tires did you run with the 16 inch wheels?

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I’m on 205/50-16 re71rs. Some others will run 205/45-16 re71rs. Also the Bfg rival is another one people use but I really felt it wasn’t as good last year.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I’m on 205/50-16 re71rs. Some others will run 205/45-16 re71rs. Also the Bfg rival is another one people use but I really felt it wasn’t as good last year.
I run 215/45-17 re71r's. Lots of rubbing unless you stiffen up the suspension and raise it up a tad with some coilovers