Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just installed Sylvania Silverstar Ultra

TW@

And I must say... pretty disappointed.

Haven't been on the road yet, so haven't really checked how much brighter they are but just by looking at them it's hard to tell any difference.

Here's a crappy useless phone pic that after installation. Installation wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. So yeah, if you're thinking about changing your headlight bulbs I would say save your money for an HID kit or maybe try the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE. Don't know how much better the zxe bulbs are and I wouldn't run an HID kit without a projector.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
It usually takes a couple of hours of use before new bulbs burn-in and are the brightest, so don't be too displeased just yet. I prefer ZXE's just because they're whiter, but I think they're roughly the same in regards to output. I could be wrong, I haven't looked up the specs in a couple of years.

1 year-old ZXE's on top, OEM on bottom-

OP
TW@

TW@

Thread Starter #4
I don't plan too. I'm waiting for an aftermarket projector housing to become available. I don't want to blind everyone

The value of the Sylvania's depend on the baseline for comparison. I put these in the wife's new 2009 Mariner shortly after she took delivery (she now drives a 2013 Escape Titanium which has much better lighting) and they were huge improvement over the stock bulbs. Living in the country with no street lights and plenty of critters running out in front of you...she appreciated any improvements in lighting.

Not sure how much of an improvement they will be over the stock FiST headlights, but I do remember the Sylvania's seemed to improve after the initial installation (as DYN085 said).

OP
TW@

TW@

Thread Starter #6
The value of the Sylvania's depend on the baseline for comparison. I put these in the wife's new 2009 Mariner shortly after she took delivery (she now drives a 2013 Escape Titanium which has much better lighting) and they were huge improvement over the stock bulbs. Living in the country with no street lights and plenty of critters running out in front of you...she appreciated any improvements in lighting.

Not sure how much of an improvement they will be over the stock FiST headlights, but I do remember the Sylvania's seemed to improve after the initial installation (as DYN085 said).
I installed one side first and let the other one stock to compare. It was really hard to tell the difference, maybe out in the country with no street light you can see the difference more