Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lack of power

Simen

I swapped the engine because of rod knock to a duratec but a newer version. I swapped intake and every module over from the old motor to the new one. The motor has suddendly started to make pops and bangs and you can feel the car does not give 100% power. When you give it full throttle it feels like the car isnt making full power before 6000rpms. When i read the throttle posistion while driving i get 83% throttle inntil 6000rpms.
I have tried chaning a throttle body to a 60mm. But it still isnt as good but ita better because of more air coming through

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Looks like your text color is set to dark.. Those of us with reverse color scheme won't be able to read it without highlighting it.
1689127063359.png
I swapped the engine because of rod knock to a duratec but a newer version. I swapped intake and every module over from the old motor to the new one. The motor has suddendly started to make pops and bangs and you can feel the car does not give 100% power. When you give it full throttle it feels like the car isnt making full power before 6000rpms. When i read the throttle posistion while driving i get 83% throttle inntil 6000rpms.
I have tried chaning a throttle body to a 60mm. But it still isnt as good but ita better because of more air coming through
Popping and banging, sounds like it may be rich and/or misfiring. Do you know the history of the engine prior to transplant? Run a vacuum test and make sure that timing didn't somehow slip.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMgaQW4WN890P79Ww1DQ?e=lZkQ4h
Does the naturally aspirated Duratec share the same exhaust as a turbo engine??? (this includes oxygen sensors)