Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Led bar install

OP
Wicked FiST
Thread Starter #5
No concerns of blocking the radiator?
Old OP but, this exactly. I'd be worried about coolant temps in warmer climates!

If it's better auxiliary lighting you want, swap factory fogs to Baja Designs Squadron Sport (or heaven forbid, Squadron Pro) with combo-driving-lens and you'll have plenty of light. BD SquadSport.jpg

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No concerns of blocking the radiator?
This is why I have not done this mod, will not ever do a humongous full radiator blocking IC (even with a great aftermarket radiator), or even a minimally radiator blocking Velossa Tech snorkel.

The light bar might not cause any overheating problems with an aftermarket radiator, but as much as I want one, I will not do one (at least not mounted like this, inside the grille) while still on the factory radiator.

This is why I have not done this mod, will not ever do a humongous full radiator blocking IC (even with a great aftermarket radiator), or even a minimally radiator blocking Velossa Tech snorkel.

The light bar might not cause any overheating problems with an aftermarket radiator, but as much as I want one, I will not do one (at least not mounted like this, inside the grille) while still on the factory radiator.
I did the Velossa Tech snorkel once I installed the Mountune radiator. No issues. On the stock radiator I feel like plugging a single honeycomb in the grill would be asking for trouble. Nevermind a light bar or huge IC. Even with the Mountune, I still went Whoosh IC so I didn't block the rad.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I did the Velossa Tech snorkel once I installed the Mountune radiator. No issues. On the stock radiator I feel like plugging a single honeycomb in the grill would be asking for trouble. Nevermind a light bar or huge IC. Even with the Mountune, I still went Whoosh IC so I didn't block the rad.
I have Mountune radiator and the snorkel. Coolant temps almost never exceed 200 unless I'm beating on it.

I wouldn't install a LED bar like this, but I would definitely get a TB crash bar, shave the grill, and install the LED bar on the bottom side that was previously blocked by the closed grill. I planned to do this until I got a new DD and basically don't drive the fist at night or in poor weather.

Magnetic

The Mishimoto I think is a triple core and has a special fan shroud that gaskets up to the radiator so it seals the fan up against half of it so even when the car isnā€™t moving it has no choice but to forcibly pull air through it. I donā€™t think this would cause an issue with that setup. I donā€™t know about others.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That light bar might be A OK with the Mountune and Pro Alloy choices as well, I am just unwilling to chance that, given how hot these cars tend to run in summer temps.

Ideally, I would want powerful driving lights to be mounted on the front edge of the hood, in 'pods', a la top level rally cars, and only installed when I REALLY need them (like working on ARA rally NIGHT stages, which seem to be coming back into trend recently).

But yes, this is A LOT of work, every cop will be stopping you if they are mounted up on the street, and they are then not always there when needed on those deer/critter laden, pitch black, deserted country back roads, like this convenient light bar is. [:(]

Magnetic

^^^That light bar might be A OK with the Mountune and Pro Alloy choices as well, I am just unwilling to chance that, given how hot these cars tend to run in summer temps.

Ideally, I would want powerful driving lights to be mounted on the front edge of the hood, in 'pods', a la top level rally cars, and only installed when I REALLY need them (like working on ARA rally NIGHT stages, which seem to be coming back into trend recently).

But yes, this is A LOT of work, every cop will be stopping you if they are mounted up on the street, and they are then not always there when needed on those deer/critter laden, pitch black, deserted country back roads, like this convenient light bar is. [:(]
I'll be installing a light bar in the next couple months but in the summer next year I can post IF it in FACT does impact engine temps. I'm in AZ and we get 120+* summers so this will truly be an end all be all test. No and's, if's or BUTTS! haha

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Old OP but, this exactly. I'd be worried about coolant temps in warmer climates!

If it's better auxiliary lighting you want, swap factory fogs to Baja Designs Squadron Sport (or heaven forbid, Squadron Pro) with combo-driving-lens and you'll have plenty of light. View attachment 44273
How easy were they to install? Are they plug and play with the stock fog light wiring and mounting points? I've been thinking about getting those, they look really bright.

How easy were they to install? Are they plug and play with the stock fog light wiring and mounting points? I've been thinking about getting those, they look really bright.
The BD Rally Innovations Fog Pocket Kit (for Ford/Subaru) comes with Ford wiring adaptors, so install was simple. Factory bumper mount has default outward angle that points lights to out. You may not notice if you run the amber wide-lens that comes with the kit, but I swapped to combo-driving lens. I added 1/4" nylon spacers to inside holes between mounting plate and bumper to point lights forward.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The BD Rally Innovations Fog Pocket Kit (for Ford/Subaru) comes with Ford wiring adaptors, so install was simple. Factory bumper mount has default outward angle that points lights to out. You may not notice if you run the amber wide-lens that comes with the kit, but I swapped to combo-driving lens. I added 1/4" nylon spacers to inside holes between mounting plate and bumper to point lights forward.
Thanks! I want to pick up a set of those at some point.