Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lemon's X47 daily/track ST

Hey all!

I've been a lurker for a while but thought I'd show my X47 Fiesta as it stands. It's a 2013 UK spec ST that I've owned for the last 5 years.

It's a mixture of a daily and a track car, although as it gets better on track it gets worse on the road!

Current mods are:
- Pumaspeed X47 hybrid turbo
- Pumaspeed 330mm big brake kit
- RSport intercooler
- RSport hot and cold turbo pipework
- Miltek 200 cell sports cat
- Meister R Clubrace coilovers
- Half cage with false floor
- Fog light delete for brake ducting
- RSport Baffled sump

It made 336hp on the last dyno run, although I still have the factory cat back so there's probably a bit more to be gained by swapping that out for a 3" system.

53087225116_e0c35e8dc0_k.jpg

53087422004_328c6d03a2_k.jpg
IMG_9571.jpg

OP
lemonjs
Thread Starter #6
Not much has happened during the winter - looking forward to the weather improving to get back out on track.

In the meantime I've done some boring jobs. First off was installing solid shifter bushings - this took about 30 minutes and wasn't much hassle.

This is the bracket that needs to be removed, it's held in by 3 x 10mm bolts:

IMG_0319.jpg

I didn't realise until I'd removed the bracket, but the OEM bushes look to be polyurethane:

IMG_0322.jpg

Bracket reinstalled with the solid bushes:

IMG_0320.jpg

After refitting I'm not sure there's any difference. But for £25 and 30 minutes time it's not the end of the world.

I also replaced my street tires with PilotSport 5's in 215/40/17. There's no rubbing at all, although I suspect going any wider would. I also replaced all the pads - the fronts are Pumaspeed racing pads, and the rears are PBS:

IMG_0324.jpg

Lastly, and most boringly, the OEM battery finally died after 11 years, so in goes a Bosch replacement:

IMG_0323.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's bad enough that you got the chance to purchase the 2 doors on that side of the pond, when we were not allowed to have them here!

But then, on top of that, you get offered Michelin Pilots in sizes we will never, ever see over here, as well. [:(] [mad]

I am almost ready to try to buy those tires from a dealer over there, IF they are even allowed to ship them stateside at all. [dunno]

Were those gram lights custom drilled/ordered, or is that yet another on the shelf/in stock item we are just not allowed to have here?

OP
lemonjs
Thread Starter #10
@Woods247 and @M-Sport I got the wheels from Pumaspeed (link here) as they were guaranteed to clear the front brakes. They’re pretty reasonably priced over here and fit the Fist perfectly. They’re rebranded Rays wheels from what I can tell - 17x7.5 ET38.

@M-Sport fan I didn’t realise they weren’t available in the US! Demon Tweaks in the UK have international shipping I believe, could be worth a look.

OP
lemonjs
Thread Starter #11
Dropped my car off at Mountune HQ this morning for the LSD installation. Their showroom was crazy! Full of built engines, carbon fibre and race sims. I received an email later in the day with some photos of the progress. The guys at Mountune are amazing, can't recommend them enough - the service and comms are next level. I'll be taking the train to collect it tomorrow.

IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4666.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, sadly for U.S. here, they seem to be almost on their way out of business in the states. [:(]

I am not even sure that their Cali location still does actual installs or not anymore (@Dpro, etc.??), and even if they still do, that is ~3K miles from here.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yeah, sadly for U.S. here, they seem to be almost on their way out of business in the states. [:(]

I am not even sure that their Cali location still does actual installs or not anymore (@Dpro, etc.??), and even if they still do, that is ~3K miles from here.
All I know is they would not install a diff unless you bought tit from them and they sold Quaife not Wavtrac. I do remember getting quotes on radiator and intercooler about 5 years ago and their pricing was all over the map depending on who you talked too. It started to go down hill right after Randy Robles left. He was their in house tuner. They are still around but focusing a lot on FoRS’s and Ford Trucks .

OP
lemonjs
Thread Starter #14
After a week or so driving with the Quaife diff, it's impossible understand why Ford didn't fit it as standard. In hindsight, I should have gotten the diff done before doing the turbo. I have a track day booked in April so I'll get to test it more thoroughly than I can on the road.

Today I swapped the rear beam bushes over to Powerflex black series.

Here's the old ones. I'm not sure if these are in good or bad shape for 11 years as I have no reference:

IMG_0373.jpg

Getting the old ones out was a massive pain in the arse. I tried to use a press but failed. Ended up cutting them out with a multi tool. Here they are removed before I cleaned everything up:

IMG_0374.jpg

Finally, new bushes installed:

IMG_0375.jpg

First impressions are good. The rear feels less bouncy than before, and the ride quality does not seem any worse than the MeisterR coilovers already make it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
After a week or so driving with the Quaife diff, it's impossible understand why Ford didn't fit it as standard. In hindsight, I should have gotten the diff done before doing the turbo. I have a track day booked in April so I'll get to test it more thoroughly than I can on the road.

Today I swapped the rear beam bushes over to Powerflex black series.

Here's the old ones. I'm not sure if these are in good or bad shape for 11 years as I have no reference:

View attachment 59972

Getting the old ones out was a massive pain in the arse. I tried to use a press but failed. Ended up cutting them out with a multi tool. Here they are removed before I cleaned everything up:

View attachment 59973

Finally, new bushes installed:

View attachment 59974

First impressions are good. The rear feels less bouncy than before, and the ride quality does not seem any worse than the MeisterR coilovers already make it.
MeisterR’s do not make for bad ride quality vs stock🤣 ya ask me how I know😂

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
After a week or so driving with the Quaife diff, it's impossible understand why Ford didn't fit it as standard. In hindsight, I should have gotten the diff done before doing the turbo.
Yes, my biggest complaint about this car is that Ford did not even offer that diff as a extra co$t option, let alone as standard (even bigger point with me than them not offering U.S. a 2 door option, like you, and the rest of the world got [wink]). [mad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Given the height adjustable end plates, I surmise that you are going with a fixed racing shell seat, and not a recliner, correct?

OP
lemonjs
Thread Starter #19
Finally got round to ordering a seat, went with a Motamec GT03:

IMG_0406.jpg

However, I had an absolute disaster trying to fit it. First off, having sliders made the whole thing sit so high that my head touched the roof, so they had to go. Next problem was that the seat sits so far forward that I couldn't even get in the car. I'm not massively tall at 6"1, but this was crazy.

Here's the seat loosely installed while the sliders were still installed:

IMG_0408.jpg

Without the sliders it sits at an okay height, however the whole assembly needs to sit about 10 inches back. I can't think of any way that I could get this to work without making some custom subframes that allow me to mount the side mounts a lot further back. The factory mounting mounting points seem like they're too far forward.

OP
lemonjs
Thread Starter #20
Finally got round to fitting the seat. I ended up ditching the sliders and drilling some new holes. I've fitted a 4 point harness and used a 2.2ohm resistor to keep the airbag light away. I'm going to remove the original seat belt when I get time, although this looks like it will be difficult with the cage in the way.

Counting down the weeks to the first track day of the year!

IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg
One thing I've always disliked about the Fiesta is how massive the steering wheel is. Now that I have a harness in I'm tempted to swap it out for something smaller without an airbag.