Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lemon's X47 daily/track ST

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I know my manual doesn't say to use a friction disc when installing a new timing belt. The 1.0L EcoBoost requires it when changing timing belt and considerably more torque than the 1.6L. 300NM + 90° compared to the 100NM + 90° + 2 sec pause + 15°.
Makes me wonder if a revised manual might require a friction washer.

I know Adam from TunePlus did got his crank keyed in the trash Fiesta. But might just be overkill to pull the engine for that.
https://www.youtube.com/@AdamBrunson

Seems like having the washer contribute significant amounts of friction would mess with the torque readings. That might partially explain why the 1.0L would have 3x the torque requirement of our 1.6L that doesn't have the washer.

OP
lemonjs
Thread Starter #43
Shit happens, damn!

Going for OE clutch and flywheel or?
Yep! OE flywheel, slave cylinder and an ST200 clutch. It was definitely a shock when I saw the price!

Interestingly I contacted PumaSpeed to ask about a single mass flywheel and the guy said to avoid at all costs unless I want to destroy my gearbox.

Yep! OE flywheel, slave cylinder and an ST200 clutch. It was definitely a shock when I saw the price!

Interestingly I contacted PumaSpeed to ask about a single mass flywheel and the guy said to avoid at all costs unless I want to destroy my gearbox.
Avoid a single mass if you're going with an unsprung clutch, as the OE is. RTS makes 2 stages of a sprung clutch and single mass flywheel if you want to go that rute.
https://www.sico-developments.co.uk/collections/vendors?q=RTS Performance
I have the single mass and sprung organic clutch(non twin friction). Worked like OE until I trashed the engine.

But I agree OE flywheel is massively expensive.