Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Limerock Raceway Modified Machines Trackday Shootout

If anyone in the North East Region is interested in pounding gears, burning rubber, and checking out some cool builds people have put together then click this link and register up for this track Day Shootout at Limerock Raceway CT. Next meet that's available for registration is July 1st. Kinda sad to see that I'm the only FiST on the list. Would be awesome to see more there.
https://www.modifiedmachines.com/track-day-shootout-july1st2023

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #3
Would consider it if it was actually on track and not just autocross.
Yea unfortunately it's not on the actual race track but the autocross track setup is nice and unlike most it isn't just a parking lot with cones for a track. A couple of my good friends went last year and had a blast so I figured screw it I'll give it a shot.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yea unfortunately it's not on the actual race track but the autocross track setup is nice and unlike most it isn't just a parking lot with cones for a track. A couple of my good friends went last year and had a blast so I figured screw it I'll give it a shot.
Track Night in America by Tire Rack is a great way to get on track for cheap.

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #5
Track Night in America by Tire Rack is a great way to get on track for cheap.
That's good to know thanks for the info. I'm dabbling into it a little bit this year mainly due to me not having much spare time to finish building back up my build (5 kids between me and my gf and they all play a sport) but it's always been something I've really wanted to do.

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #7
I'm diagonally on the exact opposite corner of the state. I live near Litchfield. But if I'm ever headed over that way I'll definitely give you a shout.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did they 'build' this recently, or just pave over a bunch of the formerly dirt/grass parking areas?

Last time I was there (early 2000s) for a Trans-Am race, there were no paved lot areas at all.

SPhilli911

Did they 'build' this recently, or just pave over a bunch of the formerly dirt/grass parking areas?

Last time I was there (early 2000s) for a Trans-Am race, there were no paved lot areas at all.
No idea when it was built (been there since at least 2006 when I started going), but the center of the track has a "proving grounds" area where they set up for autocross, drift events, and driving school sorta things.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They must have done that like the year after I was last there.

I remember going to IMSA GT races there, way back in the '80s/early 90s, and even the paddocks were dirt back then, let alone all of the parking areas. [wink]

SPhilli911

They must have done that like the year after I was last there.

I remember going to IMSA GT races there, way back in the '80s/early 90s, and even the paddocks were dirt back then, let alone all of the parking areas. [wink]
The parking areas are still very much dirt and grass. Heck, even the spectator areas are just grassy areas still. I love that about Lime Rock, it's still just a park with a race track in it surrounded by mountains that makes for one of my favorite places to be.

Nothing like a summer day with a folding chair set up/ cold drinks and the sounds of race cars off the hills. :love:

OP
ronniec687
Thread Starter #14
The parking areas are still very much dirt and grass. Heck, even the spectator areas are just grassy areas still. I love that about Lime Rock, it's still just a park with a race track in it surrounded by mountains that makes for one of my favorite places to be.

Nothing like a summer day with a folding chair set up/ cold drinks and the sounds of race cars off the hills. :love:
I couldn't agree more and watching the 4th of July fireworks there is pretty awesome as well.