Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Long time listener, first time caller.

DopePope

U.S. Army Veteran
Good morning y’all, beyond blessed to be apart of this community now. I recently picked up a 2017 FiST and there’s no looking back.
Long story short, I fell in love with cars from a young age but fell into a dirty romance with stage rally back in 2014. I dream of the days of flying down some dirt roads in a rally spec WRX or R5 Fiesta (1-3 year plan) but managed to convince my wife that “I need some wheel time” before that.

My initial intention was to pick up a stock FiST with 80k or so miles on the clock but didn’t pull the trigger on anything until I found this, 2017 Fiesta ST with 18k miles on it.

I managed to find it browsing cargurus on Presidents’ Day after I joined my first zoom meeting at work and realized it was a holiday once no one else got on. I immediately sat on the couch next to my wife (let’s call her Fedwoman because she can’t tell me what she does (how do I even know that’s her real name)) and searched for used Fiestas with a search radius of 150 miles (it was a holiday, I was willing to travel). This was the first vehicle that popped up and man the pictures were terrible, but it had 18k miles and was within my price range. I quickly called to see if it was still for sale as I shuttled Fedwoman to the car. I live in the DC area and this vehicle was two hours north in PA. The whole drive up I told Fedwoman I was just looking and that this was just going to be another test drive. Then we get to the place, a small Lincoln dealer in a smaller town (yea, they only sold Lincoln’s). I walk in to be greeted by one salesman and the owner, who I later found out are two of the eight employees they had, and they handed me the keys with no hesitation and said they would be right out. As we approached the car, I felt something deep in “ma plums”. The orange beauty sparkled in the Pennsylvania overcast like a chariot of fire.

From an exterior overview of the car, it’s mint. There is a paint chip the size of the head of a matchstick in the rear bumper and a scrape about 4” long and 1/2” wide just above the front splitter. Other than that the paint is immaculate. I also noticed that all four quarter panels and the skirt was covered in paint protection film.

The interior is fantastic. It appears that the only thing done to it are these ST Racing badges on the glove box, a VIN plate by the shift knob, and ST carbon fiber shift knob.

Opening the hood I was taken aback. This is everything I can visually tell

CPE color matched Cold Air with an external air ram.
Whoosh intercooler
Full Mountune Intercooler Piping
Upgraded Catch can (I believe Diamond Motorsports)
Aftermarket BOV
Whoosh solid rear motor mount
I can’t tell what the headers or down pipe are but they are connected to a FSWerks cat back system.
It also has DNA racing sway bars and tie rods on Koni shocks.
Stock wheels (for now) wrapped in Potenzas.
It definitely has a short throw kit in it.
Rear wing angle kit
And lastly a Cobb AP with what appears to be an aftermarket 93 tune in it.

I got the dealer to throw it on the lift and there is zero rust on it. Not even surface rust starting. This car was clearly babied and garage kept. It’s also incredibly well built. I had a fear that it would be another FiST a teenager saws the exhaust off of and pushes the stock turbo to 29 lbs but this seems to be one of the nicest used cars I’ve laid my hands on. I immediately told the dealer I want it and then Fedwoman informs me that we left our checkbook at home and it’s Monday so the banks are closed. Anyways, we signed all the paperwork and then the next day went back up to claim the vehicle. I immediately set up the AP to monitor vitals for the ride home. Here’s what I know so far. AFR is great even under load. Oil and coolant temps stayed super low even for driving 80+ mph for two hours. Boost seems to be topping out at about 25lbs but when it hits it’s like a hurricane. 2nd and 3rd pulls do not hook up (I ended up turning the cars TC off and using the AP’s TC function, this seems to work much much better). And cyl 1 and cyl 3 engine ign corrections are only positive, seeing 6.00 at absolute max which from what I’m reading is fine.

The main purpose for this car for me is autocross and rallycross (once I upgrade the suspension).

The main purpose for this post is just an introduction, a thank you into the community, and a prayer that the gentleman that built this beautiful car is reading because I know there is more done to this car than I can visually see.

The dealer told me “the guy who traded it in was probably in his fifties and his wife made him get a family car, so he bought a Lincoln”.

Godspeed sir,

DP

Attachments

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
New to the car and forum here too, welcome. I've had my eye on these cars since they came out and finally pulled the trigger on one. It is proving to be everything expected and the more I get familiar with it the more I'm liking it. I hope you have the same experience!

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Looks like you can add:
Rallyarmor mudflaps
Spec-D taillights
Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intake Snorkel
Unknown front splitter
Darkice designs hood struts
Mountune Symposer Delete
Unknown (weathertech?) Front and Rear Side Window Deflectors

possibly iSincer Side Mirror Turn Signal or similar as well

That is a very well setup car.

It looks like it is using a 3rd party valve/tubing for the evap lines from the CP-E. You may or may not get an intermittent check engine light from it (at least I and a few others have). If this is a case, you can snag the whole vacuum harness from a 2015 and put it on.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
CONGRATS and WELCOME from another owner/member who was 'smitten' by the stage rally bug, but way way back in the early '90s (and knew all about world stage rallying in the early '70s!), and one who works on/volunteers at the ARA events (and the SCCA/Rally America events before that).

Going by the pic, that is almost definitely a Damond catch can, as those are the blue hoses they use, and that top vent filter as well.
Is the can itself a gloss black color?

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Great find, you're going to love this thing. I've got a 2018 Orange Spice and am also in the DC area if you ever want to meet up and look like car twins while we talk about Fiestas.

OP
DopePope

DopePope

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #13
Looks like you can add:
Rallyarmor mudflaps
Spec-D taillights
Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intake Snorkel
Unknown front splitter
Darkice designs hood struts
Mountune Symposer Delete
Unknown (weathertech?) Front and Rear Side Window Deflectors

possibly iSincer Side Mirror Turn Signal or similar as well

That is a very well setup car.

It looks like it is using a 3rd party valve/tubing for the evap lines from the CP-E. You may or may not get an intermittent check engine light from it (at least I and a few others have). If this is a case, you can snag the whole vacuum harness from a 2015 and put it on.
Thank you for this!

OP
DopePope

DopePope

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #14
Welcome and congrats! I’d bet there’s an aftermarket turbo in there. Pop the engine cover off and look down there from the passenger side. You’ll be able to tell if the heat shield is off.
Heat shield is definitely off! Ill do some research here and figure out what this thing is! Thanks for the idea!