Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Looking for a modded st?

Trader history for Cvazquez (0)

I have a 2018 fiesta st with about 85k miles in CA
Been a long back and forth decision but wondering if I should part out or sell as is? Carvana is offering me 10.5k is that good ? My commute is far for work these are just a daily driver miles. Lots of pride and joy into this thing if interested please dm me and hit me with offers or your advice !! Thank you.

Car has all the following upgrades;
Atp kit garret gen 2 2860 turbo
Tial wastegate & BOV
Cobb accessport
Cobb cai
Whoosh intercooler
Whoosh catted down pipe
Mishimoto oil cooler
Mishimoto radiator
Damond motorsports oil catch can
Coolerworx short shifter
Bc coilovers
3 gauge pod with 3 glow shift gauges on A pillar
2 bride ultra low max seats (red)
Harness bar / harnesses
Seibon carbon fiber hood wrapped in 10 year PPF
Euro headlights
Spec d tail lights
Aftermarket wheels
Vega modified splitter and canards FTR rods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unless you find the perfect buyer, it's gonna be hard to sell a modded car. no, 10k is a horrible offer IMO, dealers are selling 18-19 models for 18-20k. with 85k miles, maybe more like 16k

generally, you will always get more total for the car if you take the time to part it out. but, who knows

Obviously you didn't tell Carvana about all of your mods. Because if you had they would have declined any offer at all. Because your car is NOT emissions legal and I'm pretty sure that you can't even transfer the title for the car to a new owner in Commiefornia without the emissions system passing the inspection. Hopefully you were wise enough to keep all the factory parts you removed. Because at the very least you need to replace the turbo, downpipe, and Tune with the factory originals. BTW once your new car emissions exemption runs out you'll have to do the same before each emissions inspection or you won't be able to register the car for new tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Von

If you get it close enough to pass emissions, try shift. They offered me 15 for an 18 with 55k and a dent

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

FlyingNimbus

U.S. Marine Veteran
Hopefully you still have this come tax time. I’ll give you the money for it. I’m actually looking for a fully built car, is it reliable?

Love your videos on YT man. Cracks me up when people bitch about emissions and a cat with a sports car. You went above and beyond with it.

Obviously you didn't tell Carvana about all of your mods. Because if you had they would have declined any offer at all. Because your car is NOT emissions legal and I'm pretty sure that you can't even transfer the title for the car to a new owner in Commiefornia without the emissions system passing the inspection. Hopefully you were wise enough to keep all the factory parts you removed. Because at the very least you need to replace the turbo, downpipe, and Tune with the factory originals. BTW once your new car emissions exemption runs out you'll have to do the same before each emissions inspection or you won't be able to register the car for new tags.
Go buy a Prius or don’t comment. No reason to talk down to someone because YOU don’t agree with what they did to THEIR car. He’s very aware how things work.

Well if I had the cash this right here would be one of the few already modded FiSTs I'd buy so I can have 2 lol. I'd have to part swap for inspections but that's a small inconvience I'd be willing to deal with lol. This would make for the perfect good weather car while my current FiST would be relegated to winter beater duty.

it's worth more to you to keep and enjoy than sell. for the money you can't replace that performance with anything else.

it's worth more to you to keep and enjoy than sell. for the money you can't replace that performance with anything else.
He bought a Focus RS. He buys/saves, mods, and sells cars for his YouTube channel.

slopoke

Main lesson of this thread is. If you mod your car and live in California and won't keep it til the wheels fall off, keep all of the stock parts, if you plan on selling it in California. Even if you never plan on selling it, you need to keep the parts, just in case you get dinged on the visual at a smog check or you get an asshhole cop that decides to have you pop your hood and is a little knowledgeable of the Fiesta platorm.

The Garrett turbo isn't even close to looking like stock and the big give away is the blow off valve. I got rid of mine because the serious turbo upgrades don't even come close to looking like stock, unless you go Pumaspeed and good luck with that. Couple that with a port injection system to get max horsepower. It definitely won't pass for looking stock.

The thought of pulling all of that stuff off and re-installing them every other year and at 60 years old, pushed me to going to a different platform, where you can get mega horsepower and still be California compliant.

Main lesson of this thread is. If you mod your car and live in California and won't keep it til the wheels fall off, keep all of the stock parts, if you plan on selling it in California. Even if you never plan on selling it, you need to keep the parts, just in case you get dinged on the visual at a smog check or you get an asshhole cop that decides to have you pop your hood and is a little knowledgeable of the Fiesta platorm.

The Garrett turbo isn't even close to looking like stock and the big give away is the blow off valve. I got rid of mine because the serious turbo upgrades don't even come close to looking like stock, unless you go Pumaspeed and good luck with that. Couple that with a port injection system to get max horsepower. It definitely won't pass for looking stock.

The thought of pulling all of that stuff off and re-installing them every other year and at 60 years old, pushed me to going to a different platform, where you can get mega horsepower and still be California compliant.
California has complicated many things. Whoosh has a turbo that also looks stock. but your right, for those needing 300+ hp, this platform isn't easy on the cheap. however high horsepower complicates first and second gear and keeping your tire tread.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Not having gone crazy on mods like some of you have, I was happy with the hp and only had to replace the COBB d/p with the original. Passed smog no problem. Still have the COBB for sale if anyone is interested.

slopoke

California has complicated many things. Whoosh has a turbo that also looks stock. but your right, for those needing 300+ hp, this platform isn't easy on the cheap. however high horsepower complicates first and second gear and keeping your tire tread.
Compared to my current platform. The Fiesta is a hell of a lot cheaper to mod and still keep the stock look. My superchager kit for my Mustang alone was $9295.00 MSRP. I got it for a bit cheaper due to a sale and no sales tax, but still, it's expensive.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
"California has complicated many things." Let me correct that for you, California has SCREWED UP so many things! Change is never a good thing in so many ways. Basically they want you out of your cars - PERIOD!

Compared to my current platform. The Fiesta is a hell of a lot cheaper to mod and still keep the stock look. My superchager kit for my Mustang alone was $9295.00 MSRP. I got it for a bit cheaper due to a sale and no sales tax, but still, it's expensive.
You are correct 10k for supercharger is insane.. However, to get to 300 is fairly cheap in the fiesta. To get to that extra 100hp gets expensive. above 400, is it possible without a complete rebuild? How much HP would your $9295.00 get you.

slopoke

You are correct 10k for supercharger is insane.. However, to get to 300 is fairly cheap in the fiesta. To get to that extra 100hp gets expensive. above 400, is it possible without a complete rebuild? How much HP would your $9295.00 get you.
I haven't put it on a dyno yet. But with the other mods I've done, it should be around the low 700s.