Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

looking to get my windows tinted for my fiesta st ?

is there anything i need to know or go with a specific tint never been to a shop before for this ?

Woof to that run on sentence... But to answer your question, depends on how dark you are looking to go. Most tint shops have their tints in either Light, Dark, Darker or Darkest. OR in some sort of percentage like 70%, 50%, 30%, 20%, 15% and 5% with the lower numbers being darkest. What I would do if I were you is either ask someone you know who has gotten their windows tinted or look on Yelp to see which places have the highest reviews and the prices you can afford. Depending on if you do the entire car or not, the price will vary.

haste

1000 Post Club
Look for a place that laser cuts the tint. It looks much better than a shop that trims it by hand.

Look for a place that laser cuts the tint. It looks much better than a shop that trims it by hand.
I'll second that. Also check to see what your state's tint laws are, if you care. I can only do 28% up front and 15% on the rears if I want to stay within Florida's laws.

Siestarider

I went with 3M products, their medium cost stuff at the Florida tint limits for sides and rear, but used their Crystal (most expensive) on windshield with 90% transparency. Car stays much cooler in full sun than the last white vehicle I had 3M on, I believe its mostly the windshield film cutting heat gain. Dramatic difference down here in sunny Fla.

Pay the extra money and get full ceramic tint. Make sure it's one without a dye base. If you're doing it for more than just looks you will want one with high heat rejection.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I went with 3M products, their medium cost stuff at the Florida tint limits for sides and rear, but used their Crystal (most expensive) on windshield with 90% transparency. Car stays much cooler in full sun than the last white vehicle I had 3M on, I believe its mostly the windshield film cutting heat gain. Dramatic difference down here in sunny Fla.
You wouldn't happen to have polarized sun glasses, would you? I've been looking into getting my windshield tinted but my sunglasses sometimes cause an oil sheen effect with some tints.

Pay the extra money and get full ceramic tint. Make sure it's one without a dye base. If you're doing it for more than just looks you will want one with high heat rejection.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Agreed. If just for looks, then no matter. But ceramic is significantly better in heat rejection. I have a car with each and there is a difference.

Siestarider

You wouldn't happen to have polarized sun glasses, would you? I've been looking into getting my windshield tinted but my sunglasses sometimes cause an oil sheen effect with some tints.
Yes, polarized. Seems like I noticed a slight windshield effect at first, it either went away or I am so used to it no longer notice.

Yes, polarized. Seems like I noticed a slight windshield effect at first, it either went away or I am so used to it no longer notice.
Haha ok cool. I think before I decide to do it I'll have the tinter hold up a sheet of it and I'll just look through it in every orientation and see what happens.

I got mine done last week.

20% on rear windshield and the 2 tiny corner Windows in the back that look into the cargo area.

50% on the other 6 windows forward from there.

Mine with 30 all around. Just the regular stuff though, just for looks. (no windshield)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Being in the TX heat, i went for the higher end stuff - Huper Optik; 40% all around / 30% sunroof. Huper Optik, (a German company I think), is used on airplane windows so it's a little thicker and takes longer to set, but I think it was worth the extra $$$.

I've heard lots of good things about the Huper Optik. I plan on getting it on my FiST in about a month or so.

Literally just got this done. 3M Color Stable (57% heat resistance and never turns purple guarantee) with a lifetime warranty. The basic 3M "FX Premium" had a greener tone to it while the color stable had a bluer tone which I preferred and was 45% heat resistance vs the color stables 57%. The premium also does not guarantee that they will not eventually turn purple although does promise to replace them for bubbling and peeling.

The price difference wasn't by much, $180 for the premium vs $250 for the color stable. I went 5% all around, it's dark, and I love it. Just have to watch out for cops as I'm in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zissou

I went with the metal flake tint instead of ceramic. Same amount of heat blocked, but a lot cheaper. I saw no change in electronic interference, which is what they sell the ceramic on. It was about $200 for the whole car (all windows except the windshield and sunroof). I got it done in November. It seems like the shop I went to has higher prices in peak season. My buddy had his BR-Z done with ceramic; cost him $400 and it has less windows.

fST

I went with the metal flake tint instead of ceramic. Same amount of heat blocked, but a lot cheaper. I saw no change in electronic interference, which is what they sell the ceramic on. It was about $200 for the whole car (all windows except the windshield and sunroof). I got it done in November. It seems like the shop I went to has higher prices in peak season. My buddy had his BR-Z done with ceramic; cost him $400 and it has less windows.
There's probably a difference in total solar rejection, too, if you even care about that.

Literally just got this done. 3M Color Stable (57% heat resistance and never turns purple guarantee) with a lifetime warranty. The basic 3M "FX Premium" had a greener tone to it while the color stable had a bluer tone which I preferred and was 45% heat resistance vs the color stables 57%. The premium also does not guarantee that they will not eventually turn purple although does promise to replace them for bubbling and peeling.

Where did you get yours done for 250? Cheapest quote I got was 350.

Where did you get yours done for 250? Cheapest quote I got was 350.
Place called United tint in Glendale Ca, you can look them up on Yelp. I got the deal for the fact that it's a fiesta/smaller car than usual. Careful with the quality though as the tints aren't perfectly aligned to the top of window.

Place called United tint in Glendale Ca, you can look them up on Yelp. I got the deal for the fact that it's a fiesta/smaller car than usual. Careful with the quality though as the tints aren't perfectly aligned to the top of window.

Shit that could honestly drive me to insanity and possibly murder because o get super pedantic about things. I'll shop around more but I might just go the more expensive route because they offer to fix it if you're not happy.