Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking to increase engine and turbo spool sound?

So far I installed a foam filter, and took a saw to the bottom of my stock airbox (I should have waited to have done this but too late now), and last night I installed a Woosh crossover pipe. Man it sounds great! I have a Mountune silicone induction hose on order so ill install that once it arrives. Its loud enough when I get on it and still pretty quiet when I am cruising around.
I've heard several people saying the hot side intercooler pipe nets a bit more induction noise as well.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...er-pipe-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

OP
B
Thread Starter #24
Been using a set from Harbor Freight and the car hasn't fallen on me yet! (y)

Did you notice a difference in the sound after installing the crossover?
Oh yeah you hear induction sound / air rushing in as you're wide open throttle. I think it makes the engine a little bit more throaty too. The turbo sounds about the same.

Here’s my .02 and In the last 80k miles I’ve had stock, the Cobb stages, DHM turbo kit with external wastegate, and now back to stock for last 20k. I use the car to commute now so mod goals are 75% fun 25% performance. My perfect recipe is a basic intake tube with a cone filter and a CPE Exhale kit with a Tial bov. You’ll get turbo spool sounds and the perfect blow off sqeal.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'd like to do this and a RMM when I buy or build some quality ramps.
I got some rhino ramps from the auto parts store. They're perfect for the fist, but I wouldn't put a truck up on them. Nice and stackable with rubber anti-skid pads, and the angle of approach is perfect for the FiST at stock height. Lowered might be another story.

OP
B
Thread Starter #27
The final piece was installed two days ago - the Mountune silicone induction hose. I think it actually quieted down the intake a hair. But my butt dyno says its a tad bit quicker. I couldnt really accelerate hard till this afternoon because I was not getting much traction with wet roads and I didnt want to end up in a ditch.

Mountune silicone induction hose (2016 MY FiST) + Woosh crossover pipe + ram air panel filter + sawed off the tip of the factory airbox. I need to pour money into my other hobbies but when I need to do more to the FiST it will be with an RMM & hot side intercooler pipe and probably an accessport down the line.

Thanks for all the help!

The final piece was installed two days ago - the Mountune silicone induction hose. I think it actually quieted down the intake a hair. But my butt dyno says its a tad bit quicker. I couldnt really accelerate hard till this afternoon because I was not getting much traction with wet roads and I didnt want to end up in a ditch.

Mountune silicone induction hose (2016 MY FiST) + Woosh crossover pipe + ram air panel filter + sawed off the tip of the factory airbox. I need to pour money into my other hobbies but when I need to do more to the FiST it will be with an RMM & hot side intercooler pipe and probably an accessport down the line.

Thanks for all the help!
Excited to hear what you think of the noise once you get a hot side pipe! That's the final piece IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
So far I installed a foam filter, and took a saw to the bottom of my stock airbox (I should have waited to have done this but too late now), and last night I installed a Woosh crossover pipe. Man it sounds great! I have a Mountune silicone induction hose on order so ill install that once it arrives. Its loud enough when I get on it and still pretty quiet when I am cruising around.
I'm thinking that will work fine for you. The hose definitely gives you more whoosh noise, and you hear the BOV more, too, but it's not obnoxious. It just makes up for deleting the symposer, which I didn't like from day 1. Much happier now.

I hear the engine when it matters. It's a nice noise. Definitely tells you what's going on.

Not at all when it doesn't matter, like 90% of normal driving.

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #39
I'm thinking that will work fine for you. The hose definitely gives you more whoosh noise, and you hear the BOV more, too, but it's not obnoxious. It just makes up for deleting the symposer, which I didn't like from day 1. Much happier now.

I hear the engine when it matters. It's a nice noise. Definitely tells you what's going on.

Not at all when it doesn't matter, like 90% of normal driving.
LOL @ all the replies.

Exactly, once I got rid of the symposer there just was no sound which is why I wanted to start this endeavor.

I do like the car being quieter during cruising and just normal driving though. The symposer was just obnoxious.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
LOL @ all the replies.

Exactly, once I got rid of the symposer there just was no sound which is why I wanted to start this endeavor.

I do like the car being quieter during cruising and just normal driving though. The symposer was just obnoxious.
Symposer sounded like cruisin’ USA from the arcade.