Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lumbar support

Just passed 36k by 50 miles and my front driver side non-recaro lumbar support just snapped. Now I twist the lever and it does nothing. Went to the dealership, they say since I just passed the 36k so now no more warranty. The lumbar support unit will cost 192 and they will charge me 420 for labor...
Fuck that.

Went to a mom and pop shop they took the seat out and say they snapped the wire back in since it was out of the socket. Now I twist the lever it does something but I don't feel the lumbar support that much.

Anyone with this similar problem?
Sell their old seats?
Replace the part cheapy?

Just put a pillow there?

Any help is much appreciated. Have a great new year

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I had mine go at around 30k on base seat. The spring or whatever broke and stabbed through the back of seat. Dealer replaced parts inside and the seat cover. lol I knew when saw title of post it was gonna be this issue. Now hope you don't get stabbed with it one day.

zanethan

Base ST seats should be readily available at a junkyard for about $150 each. You can do a nation wide search on Car-Part.com to find them.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Keep an eye out for folks that are parting out wrecked vehicles here on the forum. I've seen several this past year. Only problem is, some won't be willing to ship such a bulky item. You could wrap it in strips of cardboard then wrap the cardboard in plastic... that shouldn't be too hard or too expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=shipping+plastic+wrap

I'm really surprised that this would be something that would break. Murphy's law at work I guess. Personally, I've set it and have long forgotten it.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Keep an eye out for folks that are parting out wrecked vehicles here on the forum. I've seen several this past year. Only problem is, some won't be willing to ship such a bulky item. You could wrap it in strips of cardboard then wrap the cardboard in plastic... that shouldn't be too hard or too expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=shipping+plastic+wrap

I'm really surprised that this would be something that would break. Murphy's law at work I guess. Personally, I've set it and have long forgotten it.
I. Ever even used mine and it broke........ only knew because metal shit stabbed through back of my seat

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Mine broke during my last autocross. Now I need to figure out how to take apart the seat without ruining it. I love bringing back necro threads =)

Business6

Mine was toast when I got it back in may of 2017 at 25k miles. 40k later I still haven't bothered to do anything about it though, given my back problems, I very much should.

It's so weird driving my wife's car or being a passenger in mine because the support is actually there, lol.