Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAF pipe for air intake!

Hey hey all,

Is it me just being fool/newcomer to the ST world or is it really hard to find the small piece of pipe that holds the ‘mass air flow’ sensor to buy online?! I don’t want to buy another full induction kit just yet as I’ve already got everything I need.. bar the pipe for the MAF.
So far I’ve found one small section of pipe with the sensor section cut out, but it was £90! Surely there’s more options around at better prices?

If anyone has any links you’d make my day! Thanks.
Lucas.

Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Great question! Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer on this one. You might have more luck if you throw this over in the Performance section of the forum.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
luke.robinson
Thread Starter #3
Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Great question! Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer on this one. You might have more luck if you throw this over in the Performance section of the forum.

Good luck!

🤦🏻*♂️

That would definitely help! (See.. newbie)

Thanks bud.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Could you be more specific as to the part you are looking for?
The place that the MAF mounts in is the Air Cleaner Top and that is available.

Dave

OP
luke.robinson
Thread Starter #5
Could you be more specific as to the part you are looking for?
The place that the MAF mounts in is the Air Cleaner Top and that is available.

Dave
Yeah sure..

Thanks.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That is an aftermarket intake system.
That part should be available from the company that makes that intake (Airtec Motorsport).

https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/

Contact them directly.
Airtec Part No: ATMSFO79

Dave

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
you actually can find that part over in the UK on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRTEC-Motorsport-Billet-Aluminium-MAF-Sensor-Housing-to-fit-Fiesta-ST180-ST200/173289350355?fits=Model%3AFiesta&epid=6018597383&hash=item2858d9a4d3:g:dn4AAOSwEnZa4d-V

for the trouble and improper mounting I'd suggest spending the additional and get the heat shroud and bracket to keep the MAF Housing and filter in place

look up our friends at AET Motorsport
they will fit your car with something decent[shakehands]

Well, nevermind me, once Ron from Whoosh weighs in I know whatever I said earlier about having a better chance in the performance forum was wrong [emoji23]

BlkST

Hey hey all,

Is it me just being fool/newcomer to the ST world or is it really hard to find the small piece of pipe that holds the ‘mass air flow’ sensor to buy online?! I don’t want to buy another full induction kit just yet as I’ve already got everything I need.. bar the pipe for the MAF.
So far I’ve found one small section of pipe with the sensor section cut out, but it was £90! Surely there’s more options around at better prices?

If anyone has any links you’d make my day! Thanks.
Lucas.

I have a question thinking about cutting out the maf pipe or section if u will. I did this on my is300 yrs ago I was cheap but if done properly looks really nice honestly can't see where it was cut from the box lid cut as close as u can with hack saw blade leaving some extra meat then file off the rest trust me works great and it's free plus only oem turbo setups use the air box all other turbo kits and all high power or even decent turbo setups use short Rams most in here are truly amateurs not to be rude

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ummm. I get that youre new here. But take a look at some of the dyno results with a stock airbox vs a hot air intake ( short ram) the factory box isnt a restriction until youre outrunning the fuel system on the car. A high flow drop in is pretty much all we need unless you're going for looks.

pixelzombie

Ummm. I get that youre new here. But take a look at some of the dyno results with a stock airbox vs a hot air intake ( short ram) the factory box isnt a restriction until youre outrunning the fuel system on the car. A high flow drop in is pretty much all we need unless you're going for looks.
So a K&N panel filter should do the trick for most of us then?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Panel filter, an intake elbow and a hard crossover pipe. Unless you're running an atp or a gtx big turbo.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Panel filter, an intake elbow and a hard crossover pipe. Unless you're running an atp or a gtx big turbo.
I'd argue the panel filter isn't even worth bothering with, but it's a cheap mod. The crossover pipe seems to make substantial torque gains though.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im testing a factory filter again. I didnt like how gross the drop in got over the winter. And woth the snorkel sucking all the dirty water in, i could use the thickness. I may get rid of my snorkel..