Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Manual Exhaust Cutout/Dump?

Does anyone have one installed? I saw a couple people talking about electric cutouts on here, but not manual.

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/307..._xigMY5VgQ-H7EPm5XCAkUfCFsYUBZxYaAonzEALw_wcB
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fss2YKUdPM

I would probably have it welded on between the resonator and muffler on my Thermal R&D exhaust. I'd like my car to be a little louder when I cruise on the weekend, but can't afford for it to be any louder during the work-week. Clients often have to follow me when we go look at houses (I'm a realtor) and occasionally people ride in the car with me.

I assume this would require a custom tune to run? Thoughts?

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Nope. Bypassing mufflers and resonators isn't going to require a tune.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Clients often have to follow me when we go look at houses (I'm a realtor) and occasionally people ride in the car with me.
Are you an independent realtor?

I've heard of/from those who work for the larger, corporate type real estate agencies requiring their agents to have automatic transmission cars, generally of sedan size or greater in order to work for them, specifically because of the client 'comfort' factor. [dunno]

I went through to design my own mishmash of parts to build an electric-cutout but never actioned the build. I think it would be sweet, the best of both worlds. My state (VA) has tyrannical vehicle and inspection laws and this would be another auto-fail.

I ideally wanted to have a Y pipe put in before the resonator that could be opened and closed. I drive enough that I enjoy the stock quiet exhaust, but I also have a inner hoon that loves to two-step. For me to do this, I would need a second OEM exhaust, unaltered, that I could put on just before inspection.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/1QhmDy91F9veMRLpvK/giphy.gif

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I had it done to mine. It was loud and droned like a mofo, but I loved that I could make rowdy car noises and go back to stock, quiet levels with a cap and three wing nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
I went through to design my own mishmash of parts to build an electric-cutout but never actioned the build. I think it would be sweet, the best of both worlds. My state (VA) has tyrannical vehicle and inspection laws and this would be another auto-fail.

I ideally wanted to have a Y pipe put in before the resonator that could be opened and closed. I drive enough that I enjoy the stock quiet exhaust, but I also have a inner hoon that loves to two-step. For me to do this, I would need a second OEM exhaust, unaltered, that I could put on just before inspection.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/1QhmDy91F9veMRLpvK/giphy.gif
What if instead of welding the cutout, you used clamps, and had an identical length of piping that you could put in for your inspection?

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
I'm surprised that it is that DEEP, and 'low growl' sounding, and not buzzy, and fart pipe sounding. [thumb]
That's why I was thinking about placing it after the resonator. Was thinking the resonator may eliminate more annoying tones. Essentially, I would just be adding an optional muffler delete.

I had it done to mine. It was loud and droned like a mofo, but I loved that I could make rowdy car noises and go back to stock, quiet levels with a cap and three wing nuts.

This is really close to what I was looking for. I would have appreciated keeping the resonator and I wanted the Y to cup downwards to prevent parasitic heat and exhaust gasses from heading towards the car. The variable is that I was looking for a dual gated electronic valve that could be activated/deactivated from the cabin while driving.

What if instead of welding the cutout, you used clamps, and had an identical length of piping that you could put in for your inspection?
That would probably work. The only reason I wanted to weld is that I F#n hate rattles and exhaust leaks. VA is like driving on the moon (why I settled for legit 15" rally rims vs lightweight rims - oem's were destroyed within 3k) and would expect clamps to work loose or form leaks before too long in my situation.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
This is really close to what I was looking for. I would have appreciated keeping the resonator and I wanted the Y to cup downwards to prevent parasitic heat and exhaust gasses from heading towards the car. The variable is that I was looking for a dual gated electronic valve that could be activated/deactivated from the cabin while driving.
I too wanted an electric cut-out, but price and questionable durability steered me toward a manual piece.

I tried to have as much ground clearance as possible and ran the y segment parallel to the ground, but as you can see the heat and occasional backfire melted the fiberglass matting.

FLASHARK

Does anyone have one installed? I saw a couple people talking about electric cutouts on here, but not manual.

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/307..._xigMY5VgQ-H7EPm5XCAkUfCFsYUBZxYaAonzEALw_wcB
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fss2YKUdPM

I would probably have it welded on between the resonator and muffler on my Thermal R&D exhaust. I'd like my car to be a little louder when I cruise on the weekend, but can't afford for it to be any louder during the work-week. Clients often have to follow me when we go look at houses (I'm a realtor) and occasionally people ride in the car with me.

I assume this would require a custom tune to run? Thoughts?
Hello, you can use the all-in-one exhaust cutout kits. You can control the gate exhaust volume by pressing the time. Hope this helps!