Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Max Hp or TQ On 93 Octane

It's as the title says lets say Big turbo & all the mods necessary I want to know the HP the engine/internals will handle before needing to either change them out or add Meth etc etc
Any Dyno Sheets? Or threads out there I havent tried searching for those yet I'd like to see dyno sheets before I choose the 2.0 Ecoboost as my swap.

It's not an easy swap. Might as well go 2.3 Ecoboost or even K swap if you are going through all that trouble. 2.0 Ecoboost is not a great engine.
Aside from the Focus RS, do any of Fords use the 2.3 transverse? The Ranger and Mustang are both longitudinal. that would be a bit light on transmission options unless it can bolt to the Fiesta trans.
the K swap makes as much sense as either of the other ones in my mind. I wonder how the overall engine height of the K engines would matter in the Fiesta, having seen the packaging in the 8th gen Civic SI its pretty tight in there, and no room for turbo either.

IDK just thinking outloud.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Aside from the Focus RS, do any of Fords use the 2.3 transverse? The Ranger and Mustang are both longitudinal. that would be a bit light on transmission options unless it can bolt to the Fiesta trans.
the K swap makes as much sense as either of the other ones in my mind. I wonder how the overall engine height of the K engines would matter in the Fiesta, having seen the packaging in the 8th gen Civic SI its pretty tight in there, and no room for turbo either.

IDK just thinking outloud.
Screenshot_20211129-183604_Chrome.jpg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
300-320whp max on 93 dependent on how aggressive you ask your tuner to be. I think 320ish was the max I’ve seen from Hijinx if my memory serves me.

I’ll be running 93 on aux fuel. Will update my build thread when I get around to installing aux but don’t really want more than 300whp

AzNightmare

300-320whp max on 93 dependent on how aggressive you ask your tuner to be. I think 320ish was the max I’ve seen from Hijinx if my memory serves me.

I’ll be running 93 on aux fuel. Will update my build thread when I get around to installing aux but don’t really want more than 300whp
Sorry to revive this, but with single port aux fuel kit, does it benefit if you're just staying on 93?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sorry to revive this, but with single port aux fuel kit, does it benefit if you're just staying on 93?
Cleans the Valves also* along with its ability to put more fuel into the engine via Intake to get more power.

Last edited:

AzNightmare

Cleans the Valves also* along with its ability to put more fuel into the engine via Intake to get more power.

So no power gains with 93...But you can make more power with ethanol?
Sorry, didn't quite catch what you were implying.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can squeak out more power on 93 with Aux fuel* maybe 15-20whp. E fuels is a whole different story. I have a 93 tune and e50 tune and within the past year I can count how many times I've filled with just 93 on one hand. So that should tell you how much more power you can get by Mixing 91/93 with e85. I can get e50-e60 with 2.5 Gal. of 93 and usually 8-8.5 Gallons of e85 mixed every time I fill up.

Last edited:
@AzNightmare if you're mostly up in Canada e30-e50 tunes are out of the question unless you're lucky enough to live by the few stations in BC that a quick google search says exist. if that's the case, i have a 93OCT and an e30 tune on my stock turbo and I don't think i'll ever run 93 tune by choice again. e30+ makes my engine what i always thought it would be and it's a noticeable difference compared to 93.

AzNightmare

I'll have to consider if it's really worth it for me if the power bump on 93 is only 15-20 whp.
I do have access to ethanol, but the problem is that it's just one location. I really don't need ethanol in the city when my car has no space to stretch it's legs.
The only time I would make use of ethanol is on a cruise or road trip, but anything farther than 1 tank of gas and I'm back on 93.... (actually out in the boonies, even finding 93 is a bit of a challenge)

So that's my dilemma. lol. How do you guys deal with having sustainable ethanol when you're out on cruises or road trips?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
@AzNightmare if you're mostly up in Canada e30-e50 tunes are out of the question unless you're lucky enough to live by the few stations in BC that a quick google search says exist. if that's the case, i have a 93OCT and an e30 tune on my stock turbo and I don't think i'll ever run 93 tune by choice again. e30+ makes my engine what i always thought it would be and it's a noticeable difference compared to 93.
Does that one station in Shamong still offer E85, or did they go pout as well?

If not there, WHERE are you finding E85 in this area (I am currently in Princeton/Montgomery, and there is NOTHING anywhere near here. [:(]).

@AzNightmare my recommendation is to get one or two gas cans and fill them with e85. that way when you go on a trip you're still good to go with the e30 tune. you don't need to put 93 or even 91 octane into your car if you're running e30. the ridiculous octane level of that corn juice compensates for lower octane dino fuel.

@M-Sport fan i got my e85 at 2601 US-130, Cinnaminson, NJ 08077 Conoco. As far as I know this is the only one in South Jersey but luckily it's a good one. Google reviews have had separate people report a year and a month ago that when they tested the corn it was always over e85. I have not tested it myself though.

Last edited: