Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Max spacer width without extended lugs?

Before I finally broke down and bought the ARP extended lugs, I did a lot of reading on this. For street use . . . 7-8 turns of the lugnut is allegedly fine. I know you're looking for the wheel spacer width, but the reality is the type off wheel plays into it also.

The ARP studs are relatively cheap and super easy to install. Consider doing it, if you have any doubt. I used ARP Part #1007708. The old lugs come out with a wack of a sledge hammer. The new ones go in with a wrench or impact and a cheap little tool meant to protect the rotor hats. Lots of "how to" online.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Before I finally broke down and bought the ARP extended lugs, I did a lot of reading on this. For street use . . . 7-8 turns of the lugnut is allegedly fine. I know you're looking for the wheel spacer width, but the reality is the type off wheel plays into it also.

The ARP studs are relatively cheap and super easy to install. Consider doing it, if you have any doubt. I used ARP Part #1007708. The old lugs come out with a wack of a sledge hammer. The new ones go in with a wrench or impact and a cheap little tool meant to protect the rotor hats. Lots of "how to" online.
Agreed, super easy plus the ARP rounded end studs look nice too

Fusion Works

MAX .125in. No more and still have reasonable thread engagement. ARP studs or H&R extended studs work fine. I have H&R. They came with the spacers I bought.

Fusion Works

While written in such a way as to imply confidence, the statement claim feels very random. .125” based on what? What is “reasonable” thread engagement?
I ran into this when I did it on my car back in the beginning. I hated the way the stock wheels sat so far in board. It was 4 turns or less if I remember correctly. Didn't feel like that was reasonable engagement to recommend anyone else do that or thicker. Long studs are the answer.