Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carmax Ext Warranty with it for used Fiesta?

Looking at completely stock 2018 FiST with under 16K miles. Their extended warranty is $2K for 75K miles 60 months. Is it worth it on the FiST that's out of factory warranty? Is it a reliable car long term?

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I’d offer them their full asking price if they include the warranty with it. They’ll usually take offers like that or maybe give it to you for half price.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I might do it knowing I could absolutely thrash on the car for another 60k miles. Does it cover everything like brakes, clutch, etc?

I would just double check the rules and coverage on the warranty. I paid $750 for extended warranty on my motorcycle but when I took it in for a clutch issue it wasn't covered because per the warranty I needed all service to be done at dealerships and I was doing my own service.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
I’d offer them their full asking price if they include the warranty with it. They’ll usually take offers like that or maybe give it to you for half price.
I knew their car prices are non negotiable and just now found out that their ext warranties are the same. It’s all part of theirs no haggle shopping experience and I get that.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
I might do it knowing I could absolutely thrash on the car for another 60k miles. Does it cover everything like brakes, clutch, etc?
It does cover everything except wear tear items such as tires, brake pads, and clutch wear.

Does anyone have experience cashing in on a warranty from carmax? The coverage is only worth as much as they will actually approve.

Does anyone have experience cashing in on a warranty from carmax? The coverage is only worth as much as they will actually approve.
There isn’t a cap on what they will pay. Maxcare is underwritten by warranty vendors and CarMax has actually 0 to do with Maxcare. They simply offer it. A couple things about Maxcare that make it better than almost everything anyone else offers. It is a named exclusion plan, meaning if it isn’t specifically listed as a not covered part in the contract, it is covered. Almost every other plan other dealerships sell are named inclusion plans, meaning if it isn’t listed it isn’t covered. Maxcare can also be cancelled at anytime and you can get a prorated refund, as well if the car is traded in or totaled before it expires. Also you can ask for the full contract, there is very little that isn’t covered. Abuse and lack of main

Maxcare can be used almost anywhere, as long as the repair shop meets minimal standards, you do not have to use a specific repair shop, you get a deductible discount if you stay in repairpal network, but you are not required to. Also you do not pay up front and get reimbursed, Maxcare pays the repair shop directly.

I’m actually a sales consultant at a CarMax, and before, I worked at TWG’s parent company who underwrites most of Maxcare so I know a good amount about it. It’s actually a pretty good plan and CarMax is actually a great place to work and a trustworthy company.

People joke about it because of the higher no haggle prices, but I can’t tell you how many times I have met poor souls who bought a frame or flood damaged vehicle without knowing it and owe a ton of money on it. We never sell those and we have a 30 day money back guarantee. There is actually a trick a lot dealerships use to show a clean Carfax at time of purchase, and the customer buys it with no recourse. It takes 30-45 days for Carfax to report major accidents and/or flood damage, so they sell the car before it reflects on the Carfax and put the car back together very shoddy. See those cars a couple times a week, very sad. I know that is an extremely long explanation, but thought I’d share my experience.

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
I’m actually a sales consultant at a CarMax, and before, I worked at TWG’s parent company who underwrites most of Maxcare so I know a good amount about it. It’s actually a pretty good plan and CarMax is actually a great place to work and a trustworthy company.
Thank you for the insightsi! I really appreciate it. Bought the car and Maxcare today.

Last edited: