Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mechanic needed!

Hey so I need a little help finding a Fiesta mod friendly mechanic. I live in the foothills above Montrose(Glendale) California. So if anyone has any suggestions I've been to a bunch in my area but none to confidence inspiring so far. I've done all my work myself so far but installing the LSD, clutch, and aluminum flywheel is something I'm not comfortable doing at thr moment. Thanks for any help in advance

P. S. Ron had suggested Antspec which I believe use to be Cobb SoCal they are just a little far for me. But thank u Ron for the suggestion I might just do it there. Cheers everyone!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hey so I need a little help finding a Fiesta mod friendly mechanic. I live in the foothills above Montrose(Glendale) California. So if anyone has any suggestions I've been to a bunch in my area but none to confidence inspiring so far. I've done all my work myself so far but installing the LSD, clutch, and aluminum flywheel is something I'm not comfortable doing at thr moment. Thanks for any help in advance

P. S. Ron had suggested Antspec which I believe use to be Cobb SoCal they are just a little far for me. But thank u Ron for the suggestion I might just do it there. Cheers everyone!
Antspec is great for local dynotuning and turbo installs. FSWerks does LSD/ clutch installs and several members now have had LSD’s installed. It’s most likely where I will wind up. I know a friend who is planning on going there as well. They have done it many times.

OP
TheOnlyMahoney
Thread Starter #3
Thank you very much I totally forgot about them. They quoted me $900-$1100 to have my whoosh hybrid installed. Do u know of a way to see what prices would be considered fair or an average cost? I realize it's subjective but just thought I could ask. Thanks again Cheers

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thank you very much I totally forgot about them. They quoted me $900-$1100 to have my whoosh hybrid installed. Do u know of a way to see what prices would be considered fair or an average cost? I realize it's subjective but just thought I could ask. Thanks again Cheers
For reference, Norther Virginia (NoVA - around the DC beltway) is expensive and two shops here quoted LSD labor at $1,200 and $1,500. I'll have mine in by March I guess.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

They have installed the Whoosh Hybrid for other members here and that other member was quite satisfied. Jason does the tuning over there and knows his stuff. I also am running one step colder plugs in mine.
That install they quoted you includes the dyno tuning. I have driven one of the Whoosh hybrid installs they did . The car was quite fun.

OP
TheOnlyMahoney
Thread Starter #6
For reference, Norther Virginia (NoVA - around the DC beltway) is expensive and two shops here quoted LSD labor at $1,200 and $1,500. I'll have mine in by March I guess.
I've got a list a mile long of parts to install but since I've done everything up until now I had forgotten about installation costs. It's just takes me so long because I'm so slow and methodical (careful or just a new). Plus I have to say knowing u did the work and feeling the improvement is real nice like. What's LSD did u get? I decided to do an uprated clutch, slave, fidanza flywheel, m factory LSD(I know the cheap one), and am deciding if I should go for the shortening of the gears while doing all that tranny work. Have u thought bout the final drive gearing?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I've got a list a mile long of parts to install but since I've done everything up until now I had forgotten about installation costs. It's just takes me so long because I'm so slow and methodical (careful or just a new). Plus I have to say knowing u did the work and feeling the improvement is real nice like. What's LSD did u get? I decided to do an uprated clutch, slave, fidanza flywheel, m factory LSD(I know the cheap one), and am deciding if I should go for the shortening of the gears while doing all that tranny work. Have u thought bout the final drive gearing? Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
I'm not interested in doing THAT much work myself anymore. I've done everything in my signature and I installed all the mods in my old Volvo myself. However, now I'm at that age of weighing work vs. reward, not just the money saved.

I'm getting the M-Factory because: 1. It is less expensive. B. It is used in rally conditions and other racing around the globe. Their processes are a benefit too.

No extras like you have listed. It's my DD and I'm looking to retire in 5-7 years. That's why I bought the FiST, cheap, reliable fun w/low TCO.

OP
TheOnlyMahoney
Thread Starter #9
Who did you end up using and did you find anyone closer? Im also in the Glendale area and looking for a good shop as well.
Hey Cookamo! No actually I kind a put a hold on all if that until I decide if I'm gonna keep the whoosh I have sitting in a box or just go straight to my end game with the S280 kit. But I did install my coilovers and totally ruined my handling and hate myself for even touching the suspension to be honest. But that's my fault for for doing it myself and not having proper end links and the knowledge. I tried to blame it on my cheap coilovers I picked up but honestly they are all pretty similar as far as build quality and features. So I picked up some negative camber plates, rear sway bar, front end links, track bar, and 4 camber bolts. All DNA racing through Ron except the bolts. The bolts aren't DNA. So not even what u asked me so sorry about that but thanks for listening lol. So I have a guy up here a father son shop that do all my smog passing without having to swap parts everytime. They said they would do my flywheel and lsd install. But I won't do that until the turbo dilemma Has been resolved. It's just that it 8 weeks Once ordered to receive YouTube will from Ron. I think I waited 3 months for my whoosh hybrid to arrive but either kit is worth the wait i just feel bad not sticking with the Ron's fabulous creation to be honest. But I'm better off trying to get my money out it before its used obviously. And now to make matters worse is that Adam is going to be releasing his short block kits for the fiesta. I think he is going to have a 1.6 with a deck and liner mod option and a 1.5 liter block with either your own internals bottom and top moved over since once u drop the fiesta crank in u get that .1 displacement back. I like that idea because the deck has been modified by ford to be a closed deck. See here I go again. At this point I'm just talking out loud like a homeless bag lady. No offense to any residentially challenged individuals by any means.

Did u get your work done? What did u have done? If u ever wanna do some wrench turning let me know I've done everything myself and it's all been very solid it's just the lack of suspension geometry knowledge is all. But yeah even go for a cruise I'd live to meet another owner. I own a small high-end professional paint correction restoration preservation, and protection business here in Tujunga. So if u ever want to shine up your fist and or put a professional 5 plus year coating on your ride let me know I can either get u some not avaliable to the public coatings to do yourself or help guide u or just do it myself for u. I'm not a very good capitalist matter of fact if u look at my square financial reports the discount and comps numbers rival the income numbers lol but that's how I gauge if I'm doing well or not cause the moment I get greedy care more for the bottom line then I'm out. So yeah thanks for listening everyone I expect to make a few black lists par for the course! Cheers!

Sincerely,

Jason M Mahoney
Owner of EPC-LA &
Owner of a tuxedo black 2015 fiesta with a primer Grey bumper and some sick spinners (the BAF plastic spinners for weight savings)I'm talking the real hub cap solution. Here is my number text or call if u all want to get a hook up on some gloss sauce eapecislly designed for ford's paints then hit me up. 818-925-6343 leave voice-mail or text with name and number

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

If u ever wanna do some wrench turning let me know I've done everything myself and it's all been very solid it's just the lack of suspension geometry knowledge is all. But yeah even go for a cruise I'd live to meet another owner. I own a small high-end professional paint correction restoration preservation, and protection business here in Tujunga.
I need your services to correct some paint chips on my front hood.
Will be coming up from the 626 and would love to check out your FiST!

OP
TheOnlyMahoney
Thread Starter #11
Yeah for sure I'm your guy when it comes to paint and gloss. The key is getting custom color matched paint not just touch up paint from the dealer or ford. So yeah hit me up here is my business cell number shoot me a text or leave a voicemail so I can get back to you. I'm painting a black tesla model 3 right now but have time to have u come by and check out your rocket!!! Cheers

Sincerekt,
Jason Mahoney

OP
TheOnlyMahoney
Thread Starter #12
I hope I didn't miss yeah. Cause I'd love to help out your Fist & chips! See what I did there? Epic fail is what that is