Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mid slide...pop!

The other day I customarily lifted off the gas mid corner, got the rear to slide nicely (hero, I know) and, mid slide, I heard/felt something akin to a joint popping, a bit like pulling the leg off a roast chicken! I felt it through the wheel and pedals.

I inspected springs and droplinks as much as I could with the car on the ground and all seemed fine. Top engine mount also seemingly ok. The car has been driving perfectly since.

Can anyone relate to this odd experience?

Was there anything wrong with the road? could've just been a piece of debris or an imperfection in the road. If the road is clear and everything is tight and orderly, you likely experienced the rear twist beam shifting position a bit. The mounting holes allow for movement from factory. Which is why some driver buy bolt centering kits.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
Was there anything wrong with the road? could've just been a piece of debris or an imperfection in the road. If the road is clear and everything is tight and orderly, you likely experienced the rear twist beam shifting position a bit. The mounting holes allow for movement from factory. Which is why some driver buy bolt centering kits.
Sorry for the delay here, thanks for your feedback. It hasn't reoccurred anyway, whatever it was!