Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mini Review Swave Summit Front 4 point Traction brace

yeah, it's a minimal difference, and I was being a smartass.
I had a hard time getting the full 180° in because of how the car was sitting
Just a little tip. After setting to 46.466417060875 ft pounds, put a mark on the bolt, so you can see when it is 180 degrees after a few resets of your socket!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
Just a little tip. After setting to 46.466417060875 ft pounds, put a mark on the bolt, so you can see when it is 180 degrees after a few resets of your socket!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yep. It's just three flats for 180 degrees. Mechanic speak here...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sadly, after looking more carefully at where this attaches at the two back points, I cannot use this brace with my skid plate at all, otherwise I would have one on the way to me as well. [:(] [wink]

It’s tricky to determine only because both cars have to be at equal height. Most of us have different aftermarket suspension i.e springs or adjustable coilovers .

I mean we could measure the distance from the mount point to how low under the chassis the brace hangs. That would definitely show which one has more clearance. I will ask my friend Danny to measure his when he gets a chance as he has the Pierce.

Though honestly he has actually nicknamed his Pierce rock dozer. He has caught Rocks so many times with the Pierce that he has replaced it three times. Now he takes it off straightens it and puts it back on if its not too bad. :ROFLMAO:
That speaks mounds , :LOL: no pun intended.

I am actually gonna compare it the TB for clearance as another friend has the TB.
Thanks. Good point about different suspension set-ups.
No need to bother your friend. I actually have the Pierce right now—even at stock height, the lack of ground clearance (on snowy roads) is why I’m considering the Swave Summit. So, I can measure the Pierce the next time I have the car up on jack stands (maybe next weekend).