Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfire after switch back to stock plugs

Was having drivability issues with brisk one step colder plugs especially on startup so I switched back to stock and have a misfire on cylinder 1 on first start is this anything to do with the ap stratified tune adjusting for the colder plugs and do I need to reset so the tune can relearn for stock plugs sorry for the noob questions

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Was having drivability issues with brisk one step colder plugs especially on startup so I switched back to stock and have a misfire on cylinder 1 on first start is this anything to do with the ap stratified tune adjusting for the colder plugs and do I need to reset so the tune can relearn for stock plugs sorry for the noob questions
Kam Reset in Cobb AP3. What was the driveability issue you were having?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #5
Issue remained after reset, so I switched back to the brisk plug in cylinder one only and misfire resolved. Might have been a loose coil to plug connection or something, still unsure.
Brisk were causing excessively long crank times before starting and rough starts

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Issue remained after reset, so I switched back to the brisk plug in cylinder one only and misfire resolved. Might have been a loose coil to plug connection or something, still unsure.
Brisk were causing excessively long crank times before starting and rough starts
Colder spark plugs will do that....its in their nature. Just make sure they are gapped correctly also*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sam4

Just a thought - make sure the coil/wire is snapped onto the plug, got to feel it/hear it. Just screwing it down tight isn't the same thing!

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #8
Just a thought - make sure the coil/wire is snapped onto the plug, got to feel it/hear it. Just screwing it down tight isn't the same thing!
I can never get them to click no matter how hard I push and wiggle so 🤷‍♂️.
Throwing Ngks that I gapped in there shortly.