Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfire count and should i be worried??

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have stock spark plugs? My car was showing a decent amount of misfires as well but I know what a stage 2 tune on stock spark plugs isn’t good. I have my #6510’s coming is asap.
I also run a gallon of e85 and run a ots 93 map and that helped a bit with the misfires
Mileage?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #23
im at 58k and no im on my second set of plugs I got pregapped by whoosh the 1 step colder ones. I put new ones in every 10k.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It may not be meeting the threshold of setting off the check engine light.....If you have a scan tool you can use Mode6 to look at each individual cylinder and go from there. Inspect spark plugs very carefully also. As the monkees that do shipping and handle them in parts stores drop or throw them around during shipping/ stocking the shelves. Food for thought I guess....let us know how the plugs turn out. Also I see your OAR is getting below -1.00 this can indicate Poor quality fuel also.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #26
thanks for pointing the oar dip I got so use to seeing -1.00 that I didn't even notice that dip until you pointed it out lol that definitely could be an issue.

wetwea33

People really need to stop looking at their accessports to find reasons to think things aren't going well with their car. If you are genuenly concerned, take a data log of a wot pull and either send it to your tuner or learn up on tuning parameters. This is getting old.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #32
on another note I put gas from a different gas station closer to town so far not seeing any more - corrections so thanks for the info it was most likely a shitty gas station I went to recently also oar came back up to -1. thanks to the rest of u for the input.

Update: I'm only seeing misfires when i'm in a higher gear at lower speeds and i accelerate at a lower rpm than normal.
Also switched back to 91.
Will be getting a tune from Dizzy so i'll see what he has to say about it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is a certain amount of misfires that are deemed acceptable in most vehicles it just depends on where the manufacturer has set the threshold of where the check engine or service engine soon light illuminates. Cars misfire and sometimes it's just not enough to set off the light. FYI This is where Mode 6 comes in with a scan tool to observe misfiring cylinder that wont set off the check engine light.

There is a certain amount of misfires that are deemed acceptable in most vehicles it just depends on where the manufacturer has set the threshold of where the check engine or service engine soon light illuminates. Cars misfire and sometimes it's just not enough to set off the light. FYI This is where Mode 6 comes in with a scan tool to observe misfiring cylinder that wont set off the check engine light.

Mmm I see.
Yeah I don't see any negative corrections and my OAR doesn't ever go below -1.00 so it must not be major enough to throw a code.
Thanks!

wetwea33

Update: I'm only seeing misfires when i'm in a higher gear at lower speeds and i accelerate at a lower rpm than normal.
Also switched back to 91.
Will be getting a tune from Dizzy so i'll see what he has to say about it.
Well maybe because that's the number one thing you don't do in di turbo cars. Lspi heaven and thr quickest way to spin bearings. Never punch it in a high gear at low rpms ur just lugging the engine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
As long as the oil pressure is good, and aren't getting that tell-tale 'chatter' sound, (associated with "lugging",) shouldn't have to worry about damaging the crank bearings.