Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfire in 6th gear

Sometimes when accelerating from a lower RPM (Below 3K) in 6th gear the car will vibrate and it feels like a misfire. If I let off the gas and immediately depress it again the "misfire" will go away. I do not experience this problem in any other gear and there is no CEL. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You may be experiencing LSPI. https://www.motor.com/magazine-summary/resolving-low-speed-pre-ignition/
If you're in 6th and want to stomp on it, downshift to 5th or even 4th, first. Get your revs up. Flooring it in 6th isn't a good idea.

Here's what my tuner says about it:
Pro Tip: DO NOT bog the car or lug the car around in 5th and 6th gear. If you are cruising and are at low RPMs (1600 RPMs, for example) in high gear and suddenly go WOT for whatever reason you are likely to see some negative spark correction. Doing this is very hard on the engine and is a bad idea. Please down shift if you need to accelerate quickly. If you are just needing to casually accelerate, applying light throttle in high gear is perfectly fine.