Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mission Impossible!!!

OP
Sir_Gr4nt
Thread Starter #21
Looks like we are doing the whole Angel and Devil on shoulder thing to him LOL. Yeah those same people getting into messed up situations do not know what corner balancing is nor caster/camber. I don't want to get into an argument with you and the stance scene is an instant way to get into a disagreement over car modding, which is why only 40 threads exist on this forum about stance and bags, it's very hard to get information. Most of the guys don't want to post up all the hard work only to be criticized so they just stay off forums. I am simply trying to get him in touch with the people who can answer his questions. Any little parts they added to increase safety while reducing stress/wear/tear. That is worth a phone call to him, even if he has to join instagram to get ahold of him. He already bought the tires so creating an account doesn't seem like a bad idea. And I am not a stance guy just so you know. I know you are just trying to prevent him from getting into something he cannot get out of, I am assuming he has an idea of everything I am about to say...

The other side to it, most fiesta owners are building a budget daily race car or going big turbo for fun, not dropping $5k on race tires or show tires... Naturally that means aftermarket companies will not waste time with our car or bolt pattern. We have what we have. Now a new generation of fiesta owners have to get clever and fab up/ figure out the next gen of parts and think outside of the box or find used. And document it, like this man is with detailed photos.

Most of the guys who've went or are going big tires are already aware of the negatives and really are not track guys obsessing over every minute detail and basically physics + safety, the most effective lightest weight rotating mass (I am one of those guys) but some are not, some are just guys who just want to drive to shows and meets and around town, then get tired of rubbing and eventually sell it or go air ride. Most are just on a diff set of springs and deal with it because they like the look more. You may not understand it, but they are real and they are out there.

Long term 100k miles of that tire set up will be worse than a stock tire set up car but I feel like every human should know this already. No matter what you will rub and have to tolerate it. It will wear brakes out quicker. Itll add stress on suspension parts. Yes.

It may seems that way but reality sometimes you need that to weigh your options and figure out if this is something that you want to go thru with like I said I'm a down to earth kinda guy I take all feedback as a lesson pos, neg, info, etc. As for me I am a sweet and low kinda guy when it comes to cars I love a well thought out and put together car. I like to ride low... the tire that you see in the photo came with the wheels I only have one... the other wheels are in a box brand new only one was mounted for testing...was not really going for the big tire setup although it would compliment the flares well but with the wheel spec I think any tire will look fat in my opinion my plan is to try different tire sizes and see what works. I try to be as detailed with what I do so everyone has an idea of my goals I'm more of a visual learner so hence why its easier to explain with pics than words.

Everyone has their own views on "STANCE".
Our cars are very peculiar and very limited it what can be done wheels and tires and suspension wise. We have to do group buys to get a wheel that we want in a our lug pattern or convert from 4x108 to the spec that the wheel you want comes in or everyone rocking the same wheel and tire setup granted I will never knock anyone's hustle in the path they choose to go with their cars. I guess like you said I'm just trying to be the ( out of the box) kinda guy, who knows I might open a new world to our cars as far as offsets wheels and tires. not what I'm aiming for but...if it doesn't work out its not the end of the world just try something new but at least I explored the option to the best of my abilities.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Yea they would be track only built cars. A lot of mods for cars are doable, but are they worth it. I learned this early on. In 1976 I bought my first car, a bright red 70 Nova SS, 350 4 speed car. I was full of Hot Rod and Carcraft magazine tech articles and being 16 years old thought I knew everything. I had installed airshocks on the rear to clear the over sized tires, that was the look back then nose down ass up like a drag car. Well one night I'm blasting down the freeway and decide to see how fast the car would go, at about 100mph the front end lifted off the ground, I had no steering, instead of just lifting off the gas, I lifted off the gas and hit the breaks, oh boy the ride got real interesting, with the rake and small front tires that Nova decided it wanted to be in all three lanes of north bound 77 at the same time. Not only were there skid marks on highway 77, there were skid marks in my shorts, mom did not get to wash that pair, LOL. Luckily at 2 in the morning there was no traffic on 77, I had saved it but I learned a very important lesson or three. 1) 16 year old's don't know every thing. 2) Hot Rod and Carcraft don't tell the whole story. 3) You need to research a lot of stuff to go fast and still be safe.

You mentioned you had ordered a set of coilovers? What are your suspension plans?

You should look into finding a rocket bunny kit, I believe M2 Motoring was the plug for them?

Im super nice to stance guys because I go to car meets and shows all the time. They are not stupid at all it's just what they like... I know they are car guys deep down just different from what I like, and they are ALWAYS the ones engineering the "visual mods" for cars.

@FuryMotoring

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/rocket-bunny-style-fiesta-widebody-flare-kit.7880/

@M2-Motoring may be active if you message him.

I feel like most of these guys moved on to new projects like Nissan and Porsche Bmw. But it's still worth a shot. They messed with suspension settings,brands, etc.. They might still remember what was what. It's really all the help I can give you.

If you manage to find that kit and you have no problem paying the $ for it, it would maybe cover the wheels/tires better and not poke as much if you are hell bent on trying this out... I could be very wrong. This isn't my place of knowledge. I look at your photos and notice you will not be putting a bolt on style mud flap on and that soft of a tire with that much poke an no flaps will ruin your paint pretty quick.

This could be remedy? If you don't want the rocket bunny, these would compliment your Fury flares quite nice in my opinion while maybe giving you a bit of protection from the elements and debris.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...t-diffusers-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

Not sure how much they stick out but I have to send these ones first as whoosh is the go to and puts a lot of love into our cars still.

ProjectRST has these but they are not in stock and more $

https://projectrst.com/collections/fiesta-st-styling/products/fiesta-st-side-sill-extensions

Please note those will take a minimum of 3 weeks, theyre made to order...

Bottom line, this is the same shit as drifting vs racing... All these old guys and purists probably sat in front of a drift car 10 years ago looking at the shit suspension geometry they all have developed and muttle "this aint right, you aint tracking this, this is a death trap" then the young guy rips the e brake at an 80-120mph entry into a corner while doing a smokey burnout... Yeah boy, get it!!! It's not right or wrong it's what that guy WANTS to do... You do you dude. I will be watching either way.

OP
Sir_Gr4nt
Thread Starter #24
Yea they would be track only built cars. A lot of mods for cars are doable, but are they worth it. I learned this early on. In 1976 I bought my first car, a bright red 70 Nova SS, 350 4 speed car. I was full of Hot Rod and Carcraft magazine tech articles and being 16 years old thought I knew everything. I had installed airshocks on the rear to clear the over sized tires, that was the look back then nose down ass up like a drag car. Well one night I'm blasting down the freeway and decide to see how fast the car would go, at about 100mph the front end lifted off the ground, I had no steering, instead of just lifting off the gas, I lifted off the gas and hit the breaks, oh boy the ride got real interesting, with the rake and small front tires that Nova decided it wanted to be in all three lanes of north bound 77 at the same time. Not only were there skid marks on highway 77, there were skid marks in my shorts, mom did not get to wash that pair, LOL. Luckily at 2 in the morning there was no traffic on 77, I had saved it but I learned a very important lesson or three. 1) 16 year old's don't know every thing. 2) Hot Rod and Carcraft don't tell the whole story. 3) You need to research a lot of stuff to go fast and still be safe.

LOL, "Not only were there skid marks on highway 77, there were skid marks in my shorts, mom did not get to wash that pair" But I get what you're saying a man of your wisdom is always needed on forums you been thru a thing or two. that era has changed drastically you still see a few hiding under a rock or in a barn somewhere. Research and safety is #1 for me, Reliability is #2 but with this route well just have to see lol. Like I said I will weigh all my options "THIN"

Again Thanks for all the feedback...Greatly appreciated I know this might not be your cup of tea but your input has help a lot.

OP
Sir_Gr4nt
Thread Starter #25
You mentioned you had ordered a set of coilovers? What are your suspension plans?

You should look into finding a rocket bunny kit, I believe M2 Motoring was the plug for them?

Im super nice to stance guys because I go to car meets and shows all the time. They are not stupid at all it's just what they like... I know they are car guys deep down just different from what I like, and they are ALWAYS the ones engineering the "visual mods" for cars.

@FuryMotoring

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/rocket-bunny-style-fiesta-widebody-flare-kit.7880/

@M2-Motoring may be active if you message him.

I feel like most of these guys moved on to new projects like Nissan and Porsche Bmw. But it's still worth a shot. They messed with suspension settings,brands, etc.. They might still remember what was what. It's really all the help I can give you.

If you manage to find that kit and you have no problem paying the $ for it, it would maybe cover the wheels/tires better and not poke as much if you are hell bent on trying this out... I could be very wrong. This isn't my place of knowledge. I look at your photos and notice you will not be putting a bolt on style mud flap on and that soft of a tire with that much poke an no flaps will ruin your paint pretty quick.

This could be remedy? If you don't want the rocket bunny, these would compliment your Fury flares quite nice in my opinion while maybe giving you a bit of protection from the elements and debris.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...t-diffusers-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

Not sure how much they stick out but I have to send these ones first as whoosh is the go to and puts a lot of love into our cars still.

ProjectRST has these but they are not in stock and more $

https://projectrst.com/collections/fiesta-st-styling/products/fiesta-st-side-sill-extensions

Please note those will take a minimum of 3 weeks, theyre made to order...

Bottom line, this is the same shit as drifting vs racing... All these old guys and purists probably sat in front of a drift car 10 years ago looking at the shit suspension geometry they all have developed and muttle "this aint right, you aint tracking this, this is a death trap" then the young guy rips the e brake at an 80-120mph entry into a corner while doing a smokey burnout... Yeah boy, get it!!! It's not right or wrong it's what that guy WANTS to do... You do you dude. I will be watching either way.
I am currently on Ksport coilovers I'm pretty much slammed just been cruising, I'm a low and slow kinda guy but eventually I will raise it up and test fit the wheels with the suspension and see where we at and go from there have not had time to do so "KIDS"

NICE kit, call me weird but I love the look of the fury motoring better than the M2 I like the tire out pass the front and rear bumpers but more flush with the flares kinda where I am trying to be, but with the rocket bunny I love the back portion not a fan of the front IMO.

But as for reaching out to those guys I have send messages on here and Facebook as well waiting for a reply hopefully, yeah I have notice that they have lots of projects.

I do plan on running a kit ( front and rear diffuser and side skirts ) it will compliment it, as for the paint I'm sure there is a solution for that just haven't got that far..

I hear you, its a process I am jus at the researching phase of it I'm not in a rush by no means just one day at a time. any new updates i will definitely posted it as I journey on.

Again Thanks for all your feedback, like you said its not your way of life but I greatly appreciate the input.

Okay yeah I was just wondering if you planned to be static or on bags. I heard that airbags in the back can be prone to issues depending on tire setup but cannot confirm.

The Fury I believe are the widest arch style by just a bit? Yeah the rocket bunny is quite an interesting look not for me but appreciate the guys who created it.

As for paint protection, maybe a clear 3m wrap over the sides of the doors.

For what it's worth... I believe the main 3 guys responsible for giving us the Fiesta st and focus st and rs in the united states are the same guys who put a stance focus into car shows before they even existed in america, let that sink in, a pro racer into stance.... I love how chunky these fender flares are :sneaky:

fordracing1_a44bc75a-a779-45b8-8851-13a091a1b380_1240x1240.jpg

So every time I see a hateful comment on stanced ST cars, I think back to this.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^To me at least, that is not 'stance', but it is maximum; poke, offset, and tire & wheel widths, (mostly) covered by flares. [wink] [thumb]

Stance to me is 20* of negative camber all-around, slammed until scraping on level ground, with wide wheels/tires ALL of the way up into the wheel wells and rubbing everywhere, and barely drivable at all, even on perfect surfaces.

M sport You are a great guy one of my favs on this forum honestly but yeah that is stance, you are thinking "hellaflush" which is the extreme stance for stance. Stance is like an onion, full of layers. :LOL:

Even those, I don't hate because cars are all about expression. They intended the fiesta st to be an expressive car like the miata and 86 or they wouldnt of bothered importing it, they saw how we reacted now we dont get the new fiesta st which sucks because I really like it.

This is why I love the JDM community because it's all about fun and the "bosozuku" is the definition of all of this.

ā€œHellaflushā€, or ā€œstancedā€ cars, have now been officially banned in the Canadian province of Quebec. Citing concerns over safety in regards to vehicle handling, the SAAQ (SociĆØtĆØ de l'assurance automobile QuĆØbec) has banned the modifications.

See how it all gets wrapped in to one bad rep?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This is why I love the JDM community because it's all about fun and the "bosozuku" is the definition of all of this.
HOW do those extreme bosozukus keep those Picachu bolt exhaust pipes from breaking when the car moves?!? [???:)] [???:)]

Yes, I know that the whole 'stancer movement' is multi-faceted, but what I described above is what I personally think of when I hear the term 'stancer'. [wink]

Im trying to not derail this mans thread but maybe this can help clear up anything...

This is seattle stance wars itll show you all the variety's. I will try and photo the fiestas I see if anybody wants to actually see them, import face off is coming up soon and last one earlier this year had show fiestas.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVElzhVZzc

Notice that porsche is not static and has a great driveable safe stance to it and when he bags it on the ground in his garage it becomes that thing most hate in photos. But it's done proper.

---

Here is what I think you are thinking of
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQDttiDM78

@ 3 23 into this video, that is hellaflush, those would be banned in canada, these are the absolute last people to say something to though. :censored:

and at 8 20 in that video, that is the definition of a poorly set up car. Embarrassing.

Then at 8 31 there is that absolutely amazing crx track car that is so perfect.

OP
Sir_Gr4nt
Thread Starter #32
Im trying to not derail this mans thread but maybe this can help clear up anything...

This is seattle stance wars itll show you all the variety's. I will try and photo the fiestas I see if anybody wants to actually see them, import face off is coming up soon and last one earlier this year had show fiestas.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVElzhVZzc

Notice that porsche is not static and has a great driveable safe stance to it and when he bags it on the ground in his garage it becomes that thing most hate in photos. But it's done proper.

---

Here is what I think you are thinking of
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQDttiDM78

@ 3 23 into this video, that is hellaflush, those would be banned in canada, these are the absolute last people to say something to though. :censored:

and at 8 20 in that video, that is the definition of a poorly set up car. Embarrassing.

Then at 8 31 there is that absolutely amazing crx track car that is so perfect.

I truly enjoyed that video...its soo chill wish it would go back to that the scene lately has been burn outs, donuts, and loud revs.

OP
Sir_Gr4nt
Thread Starter #33
Okay yeah I was just wondering if you planned to be static or on bags. I heard that airbags in the back can be prone to issues depending on tire setup but cannot confirm.

The Fury I believe are the widest arch style by just a bit? Yeah the rocket bunny is quite an interesting look not for me but appreciate the guys who created it.

As for paint protection, maybe a clear 3m wrap over the sides of the doors.

For what it's worth... I believe the main 3 guys responsible for giving us the Fiesta st and focus st and rs in the united states are the same guys who put a stance focus into car shows before they even existed in america, let that sink in, a pro racer into stance.... I love how chunky these fender flares are :sneaky:

View attachment 42733

So every time I see a hateful comment on stanced ST cars, I think back to this.

Nah Static is my thing I don't mind bags but I love static for some reason I had bags on my mini truck enjoyed it but I like to hop in and roll...lol

Yes I read that they have the widest arches of the flares on the market which in some way a plus for me with the wheels I guess. and yes 3m is a def. must if all goes well.

OP
Sir_Gr4nt
Thread Starter #34
^^^To me at least, that is not 'stance', but it is maximum; poke, offset, and tire & wheel widths, (mostly) covered by flares. [wink] [thumb]

Stance to me is 20* of negative camber all-around, slammed until scraping on level ground, with wide wheels/tires ALL of the way up into the wheel wells and rubbing everywhere, and barely drivable at all, even on perfect surfaces.
This is somewhat my end goal just have to find the right size tire with minimal stretch because I know this setup will required some stretch to a degree and maybe a tad bit of camber who knows...maybe! as for 20+ degree camber if the shoe fits I guess don't right its not a bad look that's all I can say.