Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New hot side charge pipe with lots of dirt inside..

Silly question, but for those of you who buy intakes/intake hoses and/or charge pipes, have you found any dirt inside these before installing? I wont mention manufacturers, but yesterday I was installing a silicone induction hose (replacing the one from the box to the back portion, and the hose was new but dirty inside... I washed it with a garden hose and dried by hand prior to installing. Today I was planning to install the intercooler hot side charge pipe made of aluminum and for kicks I ran my finger inside it to check for dirt and this time it was worse! i saw small specks and flakes of metal.. washed it but still seems to not be clean ... I wonder how many people end up putting these on with all that crud in there ... or am I just being anal and silly?? [xx(]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I wash or use my compressor to clean everything no matter if it is new or used. Could be thing fromthe manufacturing process or shipping that can get dust or other things inside.

koozy

3000 Post Club
yah.. I flush out things when I can especially if I don't know where it's been, new or used. I stuck a garden hose into my new intercooler and sprayed brake parts cleaner into hose assemblies before installing them.