Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motiv brake bleeder adapter

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'm planning to use ForScan to bleed my brakes in a couple weeks, but this is a good backup in case it doesn't go as planned. Thanks!

Please report back if it fits. I had marked #1107 as the appropriate adapter for our cars but I could be wrong on that.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

felopr

the motive bleeder that I bought 4 years ago came with adapter 1108
I have used it different times with my car and friends fiesta's and never leak

Last edited:
I had a hell of a time getting the right adapter. 1108 did not work for me on my 2016. 1118 (the aluminum version) did - and I found some other folks also stating only the aluminum worked on their ST. It has been awhile since I was problem solving this, but I want to say either different year models or different markets needed different adapters.

OP
JJ_FiestaST
Thread Starter #6
I had a hell of a time getting the right adapter. 1108 did not work for me on my 2016. 1118 (the aluminum version) did - and I found some other folks also stating only the aluminum worked on their ST. It has been awhile since I was problem solving this, but I want to say either different year models or different markets needed different adapters.
That makes sense. The Motiv rep was sure it was a threaded adapter same as the Focus, but I have that adapter and it definitely wasn’t going to work as my 2014 had the 3 tab reservoir. Weird they would spec different reservoirs on different years, but apparently so? I’ll update when my 1108 arrives.

felopr

i took out my motive bleeder to test it since i will be doing brake job tomorrow
2015 fist
5 psi test, holding steady
1616426826974.png
1616426887185.png

edit: in the box says 0108 but if you go to the motive website, there is no 0108, there is an 1108
1616427276429.png

Last edited:

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Please report back if it fits. I had marked #1107 as the appropriate adapter for our cars but I could be wrong on that.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

It's not. I had come to same conclusion, ordered it, and then spent at least 20 minutes figuring how to get it to thread on. It was scary and took a lot of force. I thought i might break the reservoir but in the end it worked. But I'm ordering the 1108 rn. I'm not going through that again.

i took out my motive bleeder to test it since i will be doing brake job tomorrow
2015 fist
View attachment 39082

edit: in the box says 0108 but if you go to the motive website, there is no 0108, there is an 1108
Only 5psi? I keep it between 12 and 15, no issues on any of the 3 cars I regularly use it on, including the FiST. I believe that is what Motive recommends after telling you to check the car's manual. I couldn't find my shop manual at the time i flushed the FiST and just went with what i've done on my other two Mazdas. I should probably look now that i found it lol

felopr

Only 5psi? I keep it between 12 and 15, no issues on any of the 3 cars I regularly use it on, including the FiST. I believe that is what Motive recommends after telling you to check the car's manual. I couldn't find my shop manual at the time i flushed the FiST and just went with what i've done on my other two Mazdas. I should probably look now that i found it lol
like i said on my post i was only testing the power bleeder with 5 psi since i havent used it in a while, also it was to post it here, just to show you that the 1108 adapter works
and yes, when i use it, i go for 15 psi, you can even go to 20psi if you want

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
2015 fist
View attachment 39082
View attachment 39083

View attachment 39084
That is the pump Kit number Via Motive 0108* that comes with the adapter. Good find....seems like a great item to have due to not having a air compressor near by or that is inoperable due to cold weather....stupid winters in Mn!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why don't more people bleed via ForScan?
As far as I know....I own Forskin and it's not an available feature for the US platform ONLY the Euro spec platform. Maybe its changed now.....that would be awesome! Let me know if it has because before you could only cycle the ABS module / pump and nothing else. Not choose each individual wheel like in the Euro Guys video I watched a while ago.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Why don't more people bleed via ForScan?
I didn’t even now forescan bled the brakes. It would likely take longer for me to figure that out than it would to pump and repeat lol.