Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motorcraft or Mountune brake pads ?

So I plan on replacing my front brakes soon and I was looking around and I found some brake pads on rockauto and they are Motorcraft but costs $70 part number BRF1442, also mountune has some for $109, but I couldn’t find any reviews, the mountune ones says they’re okay for street driving. My current brakes I’m not sure what’s on there but they’re really dusty but I like the way the car stops, you guys think it would be worth spending the extra $40 ? Thanks

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I loved the bite but HATED the dust from the OE summer pads.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I just use regular car soap it cleans off really easy. I love the OEM pads that come with the summer tires. I'm not giving those up.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
I 2nd the mountune pads. I have a set on my '15 and they feel great. When I drive my '17 with the stock pads I tend to be more jerky when initially braking because of that grab/bite. The mountune have a much more linear and smooth application but don't feel lacking at all in overall braking performance.

Zormecteon

For me, the mountune pads don't have the initial bite of the OEM pads, but they stop just as short. I too got tired of having continually dirty wheels. I had to wash them once a week to keep them from looking like crap. This 2nd set of mountune pads may be a different compound than the first set. I say this because the initial bite IS greater. But at the time I changed the pads I also went to slotted rotors so that may be part of the change in feel.

My 2¢

green_henry

1000 Post Club
For me, the mountune pads don't have the initial bite of the OEM pads, but they stop just as short. I too got tired of having continually dirty wheels. I had to wash them once a week to keep them from looking like crap. This 2nd set of mountune pads may be a different compound than the first set. I say this because the initial bite IS greater. But at the time I changed the pads I also went to slotted rotors so that may be part of the change in feel.

My 2¢
Mountune changes suppliers every once in a while. My first set of Mountune track pads were made by Winmax, and they're no longer available. The newer track pads are EBC; I'm not sure about the street pads