Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune brake pads

I will be needing brake pads this summer. I really want to give the mountune RS-R pads a try but being up north, it complicates things.

I have spoke with my local dealer which pointed me to the ford racing part catalogue. I found several mountune part numbers (intercooler, brake lines, etc) but no pads.

I have contacted Ford Canada thru Facebook and was told they couldnt help me.

MountuneUSA shipping is outrageous, $97 for the whole brake upgrade or $83 for the front pads alone thru USPS.

Has anyone gotten any luck getting mountune parts thru their dealers or a Canadian supplier?

Is their a Ford Canada person on the forums I could ask to add the part to the catalogue?

Thanks a lot!

I will be needing brake pads this summer. I really want to give the mountune RS-R pads a try but being up north, it complicates things.

I have spoke with my local dealer which pointed me to the ford racing part catalogue. I found several mountune part numbers (intercooler, brake lines, etc) but no pads.

MountuneUSA shipping is outrageous, $97 for the whole brake upgrade or $83 for the front pads alone thru USPS.

Has anyone gotten any luck getting mountune parts thru their dealers or a Canadian supplier?

Is their a Ford Canada person on the forums I could ask to add the part to the catalogue?

Thanks a lot!
I have bought a lot of stuff from mountune, but always direct from them. Initially their shipping was reasonable, but in the last year it got very expensive, they said they were losing money by quoting the shipping to low, even with USPS.

I'm not aware of any Ford dealer even Ford Racing dealer that have even ordered anything from mountune, haven't anyone on the FiST forums mention this in Canada or US. Don't think its a catalog issue and more so an issue with the structure in which the setup of dealers to buy from mountune, or I should say the lack of setup for dealers to buy from mountune. Even if a dealer would buy parts from mountune thinking they would just add the cost of shipping, dollar conversion and markup to the price and at that point its cheaper for an individual to buy directly from mountune. It's unfortunate that mountune isn't part of the Ford parts shipping program, where any normal Ford part the shipping is all included in the price and at that point your paying a bulk shipping fee incorporated into the price and not a one off price for shipping.

What I've done is buy stuff from mountune with another FiST owner I know, makes it a bit cheaper for shipping but not by a huge amount.

Thanks a lot!
Have you tried Tasca parts? They are actually a Ford racing dealer and have really good shipping policies for Canadians (ie. Smaller items shipped usps, reasonable brokerage, cheap shipping). You could also just buy the OEM pads. The Ford pads are actually very good. The Mountune pads are made by Hawk.

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Thanks a lot, I have my first autoX event next weekend, I'll see if other owners are interested.

I will look into Tasca parts, I didn't know them.

I do like the Ford pads but I wanted to try something different since I do a little bit of track with the car. The RS-R seem to take a little more heat and I hope they dont create as much dust as the OE.

Thanks for the help

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
OP
F
Thread Starter #6
I looked at Kinek, I saw a post about it elsewhere. Unfortunatly, me being in Quebec City the closest location is about 3hrs away and not open on week-ends.

I saw there are some pick-up location closer to Montreal, I'll try to set up when I have to go up there to visit the girlfriends parent.

Thanks for the help

The RS-R pads are based on the Hawk HPS series. I'm not sure what modifications (if any) Mountune specified for the RS-R. You may want to try the HPS set directly from Hawk.

OP
F
Thread Starter #8
Thanks a lot everyone,

I ended up ordering Hawk HPS 5.0 on Amazon.ca. They sell them for 95.64 with free shipping, way better deal than the OE at $160.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hawk-Performance-HB725B-650-Street-Brake/dp/B00OUOI4AK

Only 2 sets left since I bought one :p. I tried to look at the part# for the rears but they don't seem to be on there sadly.

Enjoy!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
+1

I will probably need new pads fairly soon, not really sure where I am going to get them from
I just bought the OEM pads. Got gouged by the dealer. $160 for the fronts and $80 for the rears. I'll probably replace my rotors too. Trying to find something that's an upgrade over oem (eg. stoptech/centric cryos) or maybe one of the big rotor and adapter kits.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks a lot everyone,

I ended up ordering Hawk HPS 5.0 on Amazon.ca. They sell them for 95.64 with free shipping, way better deal than the OE at $160.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hawk-Performance-HB725B-650-Street-Brake/dp/B00OUOI4AK

Only 2 sets left since I bought one :p. I tried to look at the part# for the rears but they don't seem to be on there sadly.

Enjoy!
I'm curious of these and the amount of dusting that will happen....I have this type of hawk pad for my Typhoon but haven't installed them yet.

YIN

I just bought the OEM pads. Got gouged by the dealer. $160 for the fronts and $80 for the rears. I'll probably replace my rotors too. Trying to find something that's an upgrade over oem (eg. stoptech/centric cryos) or maybe one of the big rotor and adapter kits.
I bought OEM front pads(BRF1494) from Rock Auto, cheaper than Ford dealer.
Total cost is was around $CAD110 after currency rate conversion.