Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune engine swap question

Sqwiggs

Hello,

I have a NA 2016 Fiesta ST
My engine recently grenaded itself,
and I was looking at getting a Mountune built non mrx 1.6 for my fiesta.
Is there anything I should get along side the engine or it mostly plug and play with the factory car? Besides figuring out the wiring harness.

OP
S

Sqwiggs

Thread Starter #3
Do you have any power goals in mind?
I’m not sure I need a new engine and just kinda need it done asap lol. I might do the turbo upgrade eventually but I don’t have the funds for more than just getting it to be in working order rn. Figured a mountune engine would be ideal if I had to swap it anyway.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Be wary of giving MOUNTUNE USA any of your monies .They have been very lackluster on production of purchased parts for customers. Some have had to fight to get money back after waiting months for purchased parts that still weren't produced. [driving]

Last edited:
I’m not sure I need a new engine and just kinda need it done asap lol. I might do the turbo upgrade eventually but I don’t have the funds for more than just getting it to be in working order rn. Figured a mountune engine would be ideal if I had to swap it anyway.
You might want to investigate. Depending on what went wrong you could save money on repairs if you can re-use existing good hardware.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
If you are not planning on going really big power, I would check for a used engine out of a wrecked car.

Pumaspeed is another option if you want a new engine, though their communication is a bit lackluster. And hopefully they ship things better than they did for a used transmission they sent me: it was shipped loose in a doubled up cardboard box. Needless to say, parts of it were sticking out of the box by the time it got to me, installation is on Monday.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
If you are not planning on going really big power, I would check for a used engine out of a wrecked car.

Pumaspeed is another option if you want a new engine, though their communication is a bit lackluster. And hopefully they ship things better than they did for a used transmission they sent me: it was shipped loose in a doubled up cardboard box. Needless to say, parts of it were sticking out of the box by the time it got to me, installation is on Monday.
Second this. If not going for big power, find a wrecked escape to pull the engine from.