Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

mountune Forged 1.6L EcoBoost Engine Component Kit

haste

1000 Post Club
$1,000 bucks. Not bad at all! If I could take my car down for a while I would definitely be shoving these components in there. Maybe I need to start looking for a spare motor to build. [;)]

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountun...ek-aa.htm?mc_cid=2592b21a71&mc_eid=9665ea4b6c

Includes:

4 Pistons
4 Piston pins and 8 clips
4 Piston ring sets
4 Connecting Rods

Pistons
mountune’s extensive knowledge of the Ford EcoBoost engine coupled with broad motorsport experience provides the foundation for the ultimate 1.6L Ford EcoBoost forged piston. Tested in house, the mountune forged piston set for the 1.6L Ford EcoBoost is a fully featured piston with many of the same upgrades we use in our professional motorsport engines.

Produced from modern lightweight alloy 4032 forgings for maximum oil control and quiet operation, each piston features supported pin bosses to withstand the extreme conditions found in engines operating with high cylinder pressures. The layout of the piston has also been optimized with weight reduction in mind and reduced skirt profiles to minimize friction. Careful consideration has been used in the “bowl” area of the piston to maintain Ford’s original profile to ensure proper and efficient combustion. Perfect for high power builds.

Connecting Rods
The connecting rod is one of the most highly stressed components within the engine and improved connecting rods are an essential upgrade for high power EcoBoost engines. The mountune connecting rod was developed using extensive FEA analysis resulting in the optimum connecting rod for applications up to 200 bhp per cylinder.Each connecting rod incorporates our motorsport DNA to provide you with the ultimate component for your engine. Exclusive features include a robust, H – Beam configuration with extensive machining to optimize weight without reducing strength. ARP connecting rod bolts are also standard and are superior to most bolts found in other rods on the market. Silicone/bronze pin bushings provide a durable and low friction surface that remains dimensionally stable in high pressure and high RPM applications.

H Beam Design
Forged 4340 Alloy
Tapered Small End
ARP 2000 Bolts
C-C Length 134.02mm
Pin Bore 21mm Full Float

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does Mountune actually forge these IN HOUSE, or are they Mahle pistons made for them under sub-contract?

GREAT either way, just curious on the source. ;)

Brura22

Does Mountune actually forge these IN HOUSE, or are they Mahle pistons made for them under sub-contract?

GREAT either way, just curious on the source. ;)
I don’t know for sure, but I highly doubt they have an in house forge lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don’t know for sure, but I highly doubt they have an in house forge lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd be amazed at what some of those Brit 'cottage industries' do in a very small company/space, but yeah, it is unlikely. ;)

Fha

$1,000 bucks. Not bad at all! If I could take my car down for a while I would definitely be shoving these components in there. Maybe I need to start looking for a spare motor to build. [;)]

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountun...ek-aa.htm?mc_cid=2592b21a71&mc_eid=9665ea4b6c
What I am doing, buying a shortblock and working off that. Less downtime for the car. As well plus side you'll have your other motor put aside to resell or build for more power if you ever tap what that setup would handle.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Will the fiesta st head transfer straight over to the ford escape block?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Unless you already have; porting work, and/or a whole new valve train with upgraded cams/springs, etc. done to your current head, why not just use the whole replacement long block??

Unless you already have; porting work, and/or a whole new valve train with upgraded cams/springs, etc. done to your current head, why not just use the whole replacement long block??
I was under the impression that the ford escape head was at risk of overheating due to a coolant flow issue, caused by a leak. Brian (formerly Sourskittle) would be an example of this issue. Then again he was the only person in these forums to have an overheating issue. He used a ford escape longblock with his cyborg setup, practically turned the head to junk.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I was under the impression that the ford escape head was at risk of overheating due to a coolant flow issue, caused by a leak. Brian (formerly Sourskittle) would be an example of this issue. Then again he was the only person in these forums to have an overheating issue. He used a ford escape longblock with his cyborg setup, practically turned the head to junk.

Wasn't he way turned up on the boost at the time?