Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune lowering springs settle time and amount

Gentlemen,

Just installed the Mountune lowering springs seven days ago. The ride height is still different on all four. As much as 3/4 of an inch and as little as 1/8 of an inch. Is this normal and how long does it usually take for these springs to completely settle? Also once completely settled, will all four springs have an even ride height and how much lower will they get?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Gentlemen,

Just installed the Mountune lowering springs seven days ago. The ride height is still different on all four. As much as 3/4 of an inch and as little as 1/8 of an inch. Is this normal and how long does it usually take for these springs to completely settle? Also once completely settled, will all four springs have an even ride height and how much lower will they get?
Hi there. Unless there's an issue with the spring they should all drop to the specific height. Which I believe is. 3/4-1" lower than stock

Did you measure your ride height stock? The only reason I ask is when I put mine on a lift for the first time it became apparent that my ride height was not uniform. I measured it and none of my corners were "exactly" the same. There was about a 1/4" variance that each corner feel within.

Having said that, 3/4" difference does sound excessive.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #5
report back with your findings. curious about these springs.

especially with b8's
I will keep everyone posted, besides the ride height really enjoying them so far. In about a week I will post a detailed review / update.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #6
Did you measure your ride height stock? The only reason I ask is when I put mine on a lift for the first time it became apparent that my ride height was not uniform. I measured it and none of my corners were "exactly" the same. There was about a 1/4" variance that each corner feel within.

Having said that, 3/4" difference does sound excessive.
Very good point and I have heard the same from other forum members about the OEM ride height not being uniform. I should have but unfortunately didn’t measure the ride height prior to install. Didn’t really care as I knew I had the lowering springs on order and never thought the ride height would not be uniform from the factory, guess I was incorrect. Since my original post they have settled more about 1/8 an inch. So all four corners are closer in ride height but not uniform yet, my hopes are soon they will be.

You installed the Mountune lowering springs? If so how is your ride height? On your stock springs, all four were at different ride heights?

Very good point and I have heard the same from other forum members about the OEM ride height not being uniform. I should have but unfortunately didn’t measure the ride height prior to install. Didn’t really care as I knew I had the lowering springs on order and never thought the ride height would not be uniform from the factory, guess I was incorrect. Since my original post they have settled more about 1/8 an inch. So all four corners are closer in ride height but not uniform yet, my hopes are soon they will be.

You installed the Mountune lowering springs? If so how is your ride height? On your stock springs, all four were at different ride heights?
I'm still on stock springs and none of my corners are the same. I didn't even know or notice it until I put it on a lift last week to install an RMM. When I rotated the lift arms under my car 2 of them didn't clear without pushing up a small amount. This prompted me to measure my wheel gaps and I discovered that none of them were the same. All four corners fall within about a 1/4" range.

I only mentioned it because your car could have been off before you installed the springs. I'd give it a few weeks and re-measure everything. I think some variance is to be expected but it shouldn't be excessive.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Tire pressure can throw off your measurements as well. My passenger front tire has a slow leak and sets off the TPMS every few weeks (yes, I need to get that fixed). If you have a tire that's under-inflated (compared to the others), I think that could throw off your measurement.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #9
All makes sense and I agree, I appreciate everyone’s feedback and help. I will circle back in about a week with an update on how all four springs settled and ride height.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #10
All,

Happy to report back that it seems as if all four springs have settled and more importantly all four wheels are even. Took a full 14 days and approximately 300 miles. Ride comfort is good and in ways better then stock, vehicle feels more planted and stable, handling improved and overall very happy with the amount lowered and feel of the Mountune springs. I would certainly recommend due to all I just mentioned and well worth it. A+ modification and definitely improves the vehicle in cosmetic appearance, overall handling and feel.

As a side note: I also installed 10 mm wheels spacers and it’s a flush fitment. With the lowered ride height and the wheel faces sitting flush with the wheel wells / fenders. It’s a significantly more aggressive look and stance. I like it a lot and feel both compliment each other very well.

Thanks again for everyones help and insight

Zormecteon

All,

Happy to report back that it seems as if all four springs have settled and more importantly all four wheels are even. Took a full 14 days and approximately 300 miles. Ride comfort is good and in ways better then stock, vehicle feels more planted and stable, handling improved and overall very happy with the amount lowered and feel of the Mountune springs. I would certainly recommend due to all I just mentioned and well worth it. A+ modification and definitely improves the vehicle in cosmetic appearance, overall handling and feel.

As a side note: I also installed 10 mm wheels spacers and it’s a flush fitment. With the lowered ride height and the wheel faces sitting flush with the wheel wells / fenders. It’s a significantly more aggressive look and stance. I like it a lot and feel both compliment each other very well.

Thanks again for everyones help and insight

I put on these springs about 50,000 miles ago using the stock struts/shocks. Is that what you did? I have a set of Bilstein B8s sitting now waiting for the stock shocks to wear out. I too highly recommend the mountune springs and your description of the improvements matches my experience.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #12
I put on these springs about 50,000 miles ago using the stock struts/shocks. Is that what you did? I have a set of Bilstein B8s sitting now waiting for the stock shocks to wear out. I too highly recommend the mountune springs and your description of the improvements matches my experience.
Good to hear and glad your having a positive experience also, yes I kept everything OEM and only replaced the stock springs with the Mountune springs.