Mountune radiator on sale

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
I guess that they will never be down in that sub-$400.00 range shipped, ever again? [dunno] [:(]

Didn't some on here get them for like $375.00 shipped??

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #3
Got mine last fall for $450 shipped.....don't know about a sub $400 deal.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Didn't some on here get them for like $375.00 shipped??
I think so and those days are long gone.... CSF supplies FiST rads ONLY to Mountune USA.... the have us by the gonads...lol

Last edited:

SrsBsns

Member ID
I got my Mountune on sale a little over a year ago for sub-$500 and it was absolutely one of the best things I've done to this car. All of my cooling problems have been fixed.

If anyone is on the fence, depending on the Mishimoto or other competitor prices, I would highly recommend getting it now.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I'd jump on this if Memorial Day sales weren't just around the corner.
You think it will be more than the current 10%? What has it been historically on MD sale? Sadly, they do not do military discounts like Whoosh and Cobb.

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thread Starter #10
I'd jump on this if Memorial Day sales weren't just around the corner.
The thing with the Mountune rads are availability.....wait and they may not have any.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Member ID
The thing with the Mountune rads are availability.....wait and they may not have any.
I reached out to CSF and they were not sympathetic OR empathetic to our plight.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
But they WILL honor the sale price if one pays for it in full, even if they don't have the stock to fulfill the orders, correct?

Business6

Member ID
You think it will be more than the current 10%? What has it been historically on MD sale? Sadly, they do not do military discounts like Whoosh and Cobb.
I think are four times a year that mountune will do more than 10%: memorial day, July fourth, black friday and whenever their company anniversary is. I think I've seen the latter at least once before, but the other three are pretty standard.

Given the responses to what people paid at various times yes, I'm confident any of the major sales are better than this.

kevinatfms

Member ID
CSF and Mountune have a cash cow in that radiator. Fit is perfect and price reflects it since they know no one else is making one close to it. I assume they arent going to release the Mountune hold on it anytime soon.

Hows the Whoosh one in terms of fitment? Heard mixed reviews from the thread.

Anyone try the Mishimoto one? I hate that you need to bolt the fan to their bracket.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
CSF and Mountune have a cash cow in that radiator. Fit is perfect and price reflects it since they know no one else is making one close to it. I assume they arent going to release the Mountune hold on it anytime soon.

Hows the Whoosh one in terms of fitment? Heard mixed reviews from the thread.

Anyone try the Mishimoto one? I hate that you need to bolt the fan to their bracket.
About the only thing I like about the Mishimoto setup is specifically their supplied metal fan shroud, which will not end up warping away from the radiator at the edges with heat, like our plastic factory one does. [:(]

(My stocker did this in less than a year's time with the factory radiator.)

Member ID
Wait a sec, Whoosh does military discounts?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Wait a sec, Whoosh does military discounts?
Yes. 8% vs. the 5% for forum members. Ron will send you a paper and you send it back with a redacted DD214 (no personal info). It's just like Cobb, but they do it online with one of the verification systems. No military discount at Mountune USA.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Member ID
Yes. 8% vs. the 5% for forum members. Ron will send you a paper and you send it back with a redacted DD214 (no personal info). It's just like Cobb, but they do it online with one of the verification systems. No military discount at Mountune USA.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Nice! I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.