Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune shifter owners! Get in here.

I installed my Mountune short shifter, which is really just a different fulcrum adapter on the stock shifter arm on the transmission, back in June. I installed the unit to the exact instructions, which made no mention of any thread locker.

Well, about 5k miles and two track days later, here I am, trying to downshift into third, and ... nothing, stuck in fourth gear because the Mountune shifter fulcrum had come off of the shifter arm on the transmission. The bolt which secures the Mountune shifter fulcrum is gone, having backed out and disappeared. Fortunately I was able to use a replacement bolt and some Locktite, and enjoy my remaining three track sessions.

I have sent Mountune an email about my loss of the bolt, and my advisement that their instructions be edited to include thread locker on the bolt to prevent this from happening to anyone else. For the rest of you who have the Mountune shifter, I would highly recommend thread locker and checking to make sure that the bolt is tight!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
To be fair this would happen to any of the short shift adapters. Need to check the bolts and if in doubt add medium strength thread lock.

When I installed my Mountune quick shift adapter about a month ago, loctite was included with the install kit.

OP
W
Thread Starter #4
I just downloaded their instructions last night to confirm their recommended installation, and there was no mention of thread locker. I didn't post this to bash Mountune. My intention is a FYI for folks to check that bolt!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
On the flip side.
I bought the very first item sold by Mountune USA (invoice 001).
It was their short shifter and it was installed 3 years ago now.
There was no thread locker used.
I have had no issues and the bolt is still tight.
However thread locker is not a bad idea.

Dave

TUX15ST

Thread locker came with my kit as well from them, and youd be crazy not to use any even if it didnt say so

I double checked to make sure I wasn't crazy. This was still in the Mountune box. So their instructions are outdated, but they've already figured things out.