Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Street Pads are EBC Yellow Stuff

After quite a bit of waffling, I settled on some Mountune street pads to replace my factory dust masters. I saw that they were "made by EBC these days" in a post on this forum, but didn't expect them to be literally EBC Yellow Stuff pads. I've run em on past cars with some good and some bad results (seemingly varying by car more than anything). If Mountune is willing to sell them under their name, I have to assume they'll be ok on this platform.

I'm not sad about it, and the price isn't that much different from the same pads in an EBC box, but these are what came in the box from Mountune (plus the other 2 shims that aren't in the pic) 😜:
PXL_20210628_153839189.jpg

I've only got 30 miles on em, following EBC's street break in procedures, so I don't have much to say at the moment. Those Centric rotors are purdy and the price was sweet on RockAuto though!
PXL_20210628_163143187.jpg

...here's hoping my wheels end up a bit less gross once break in is complete.

--Matt

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, mine came with summer tires so it got the mega dust pads. Lol! The cars with all season tires are much less bad. This should hopefully be a fair compromise.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Definitely not looking for completely dust free.;) I still wanna stop well and all!

Last edited:
OP
M
Thread Starter #8
I'm 100 miles in on em now and they have developed a little squeal here and there, mostly under medium pedal pressure at 30-40mph while the brake temps are cooler.

Too soon to tell if they'll stay noisy or cool it. I didn't put any anti squeal on them, but I kinda doubt it'd help either way based on my experience with Yellow Stuff on other cars in the past. It's decidedly less irritating than something like Ferodo DS2500 that make their annoying chirp as you come to a stop every time.

DangerMouse

I just installed some Mountune street pads. I bought them over a year ago though. They look just like the ones in the pictures on their website. I also get a slight squeal once in a while when coming to a stop but it doesn’t do it every time. I can live with it.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
I'm sure, now that I've said something, they'll start squealing again every time but...knock on wood...they haven't made a peep the last 2 days. The noise has been hit or miss for me with these pads on other cars. On my VW and MINI, with 4-pot Brembos, they didn't really make a peep. On my other MINI with the normal S calipers, they squeaked until I took em off and I had judder problems from pad deposits.

Here's hoping things stay in good shape!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
After quite a bit of waffling, I settled on some Mountune street pads to replace my factory dust masters. I saw that they were "made by EBC these days" in a post on this forum, but didn't expect them to be literally EBC Yellow Stuff pads. I've run em on past cars with some good and some bad results (seemingly varying by car more than anything). If Mountune is willing to sell them under their name, I have to assume they'll be ok on this platform.

I'm not sad about it, and the price isn't that much different from the same pads in an EBC box, but these are what came in the box from Mountune (plus the other 2 shims that aren't in the pic) 😜:
View attachment 41739

I've only got 30 miles on em, following EBC's street break in procedures, so I don't have much to say at the moment. Those Centric rotors are purdy and the price was sweet on RockAuto though!
View attachment 41740

...here's hoping my wheels end up a bit less gross once break in is complete.

--Matt
Don't EBC pads have a bedding compound as the first layer?

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
Yep, the "brake in coating" verbiage is printed right on the pad material. It almost feels gravely on the pedal at first.

OP
M
Thread Starter #13
At this point they're pretty quiet most of the time. I seem to get a little squeal from them every so often, seemingly when it's really humid or had recently been really humid. Seems to happen basically never, even in Ohio where it's 99% humidity all summer, so all good!

Stopping power is great, no pad deposit issues under DD circumstances so far.